Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

It all hinges on Mina being confirmed, but if this is how it ends up, and assuming we won't regret letting go of Robles, then I think it's been decent work from our Dof.

In:

Mina
Digne
Richarlison

Out:

Williams
Klaasen
Robles
Rooney
Mirallas
Mori

It was important to sign players who are good footballers, I think we've done that with them 3, plus get rid of some dead weight on the wage bill, and we've done that too. Ideally we'd still want a chance-making playmaker plus a bull-dozing forward, but that's fantasy-talk.

Sandro, Bolasie, Pennington to leave to before the windows up.

I suppose you think he's done a good job then and we don't desperately need any more defenders.

Nobody knows more than me that we need defenders in but the negativity to a bloke who’s been in position 3 months is just totally over the top come back on Friday morning and see what the state of the squad is

We must have wildly differing expectations, because I think he’s done well. The amount of deadwood he’s gotten off the books is impressive IMO

He’s done well getting rid but bringing in players you know to help us improve not so yet.

I don’t get why everyone is basically getting themselves silly over moving on dead wood that won’t help us improve as a team you have to add quality to replace it

Nobody knows more than me that we need defenders in but the negativity to a bloke who’s been in position 3 months is just totally over the top come back on Friday morning and see what the state of the squad is

Exactly my thoughts. It was always gonna be a tough window. Some people are so impatient. What's a man supposed to do in his first summer (a world cup summer where prices are vastly inflated and clubs are holding out for longer and more than ever) other than what he has done.

I'm very confident we'll see one if not two centre halves before Friday. IBWT!

He’s done well getting rid but bringing in players you know to help us improve not so yet.

I don’t get why everyone is basically getting themselves silly over moving on dead wood that won’t help us improve as a team you have to add quality to replace it
I agree with you there, but add in Mina along with digne and Richarlison thats 3 solid quality looking players...

Moving the deadwood though might not reflect in the actual physical aspects of play, but could effect attitude, mentality, etc off the pitch. Thereby improving the squad ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back