Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just more excuses.

Brands was brought in to deliver. That's why we paid PSV top money.

So far he's having mixed results and whatever the reasons for it has failed to bring in a centre back with time for them to play a part in preseason.

It’s frustraing yes.

Thinking this is a one window fix insane.

We are not going down and we are not challenging for a top 4 spot.

We can shoot for 7 but it’s prolly not likely.

This mess is going to take time.

But you literally just said it was a joint process between Brands and Silva.

So why is this all being laid at Brands feet if recruitment is a joint process?
Silva and them identify the players together. They don't buy them together. That's Brands' responsibility along with DBB and apparently Kenwright still. While all three of them share the responsibility for buying players Brands alone is ultimately accountable for it as that's what his position is.

Silva and them identify the players together. They don't buy them together. That's Brands' responsibility along with DBB and apparently Kenwright still. While all three of them share the responsibility for buying players Brands alone is ultimately accountable for it as that's what his position is.

Leave it be J.

Fume after the window shuts.

How do you know how long it took Silva to identify that we needed centre backs? Remembering, of course, he was going to fully assess the squad in preseason before making decisions

So if there actually are no available centrebacks for the right price, it's just an excuse? Jake, you're having a mare here; must be the weather in Ottawa.
How easy it is to say "well we didn't get one so there mustn't be any".

Thanks for trying Marcel. Better luck next time.

It's been the number one area needing improvement for me since he showed up and whatever the reason he's failed to deliver. You can choose to believe that it's because nobody is available and assign him no responsibility or blame for this situation if you like but I'm going to question that.

These last few seasons should show you everybody has a price.

You can choose to believe that it's because nobody is available and assign him no responsibility or blame for this situation if you like but I'm going to question that.

I’m gonna wait until the window closes. Then I’m gonna listen to the press conferences that Silva undertakes.

It's been the number one area needing improvement for me since he showed up and whatever the reason he's failed to deliver. You can choose to believe that it's because nobody is available and assign him no responsibility or blame for this situation if you like but I'm going to question that.

But we'd be crazy to just pay whatever another team wants. Now that we have some dosh behind us, teams are going to rise their prices when we come calling. Should we just go apeshit and venture into RS levels of debt?

Things are frustrating yes but which centre half(ves) would you have gone for if you were Brands who were available and saw us as an attractive club whom you would want to join? Wait until Thursday evening then we will all have a bleach party....lollollol

If your united, Citeh or the sh*te you can practically point at players and they will run to the club...with us, we have to show we are interested and the top players will stroke they're chins and see if anyone else wants em first. This is why (im sure) we cant get signings over the line before these other clubs. If Brands however then moves for lesser players who will deffo want to come now...the club get slagged for showing no ambition..

FYI we just heard 3 mins ago that we have signed Bernard.

Signed (subject to a WP) not interested in. Not weighing up a bid. Shows you can’t really take the press as gospel as to the comings and goings of EFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back