Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't that complicated.

The D of F would be Brands, if Walsh stays he's either head of scouting or a highly paid scout. He reports to Brands. Same with the coach. The head coach is not identifying targets, he is coaching the team. This idea that the coach has time to scout other players is outdated and silly.

Now if the coach has players he's worked with in the past and specific suggestions, that's fine, but that's not the manager's job. He's got enough to worry about setting up tactics and training the squad.

If it's not that way, frankly, it doesn't make any sense.

Hows his hold up play?
police-exercise-bank-robbery-bank-robber-with-a-gun-takes-hostages-C37JHD.jpg

If Brands is brought in will his role be similar to what it has been as technical director. He would be the one who would identify the coach and also have a final say on players with Stev Walsh potentially reporting in to him.

If thats the case I think its a sensible move by Moshiri who would distance himself from the appointment of a new coach/manager and Brands tasked with putting a guy in place who meets a certain criteria.

My slight concern is that he comes from the Dutch league who play a very particular style of 4-3-3.

Never convinced by it as a formation. Particularly in the big man up front with two wingers variety.

Which, tbf, he is good at
Is he tho? Klassen, Sandro, Siggurdson, Keane, Martina, Bolasie, Rooney(reckon this is more Kenwright honestly)?

Not to mention Vlasic and Lookman who are constantly looked over manager by manager.

If you use the metric he is good at scouting and, yet, most of those players are either completely rubbish or barely/never used by 3 managers, I would reckon that maybe you aren't REALLY all that good at scouting?

Is he tho? Klassen, Sandro, Siggurdson, Keane, Martina, Bolasie, Rooney(reckon this is more Kenwright honestly)?

Not to mention Vlasic and Lookman who are constantly looked over manager by manager.

If you use the metric he is good at scouting and, yet, most of those players are either completely rubbish or barely/never used by 3 managers, I would reckon that maybe you aren't REALLY all that good at scouting?
Sandro aside, I don't think they're his signings. We'll never know like but his scouting career didn't start at Everton.

Abysmal director of football tho don't get me wrong.

My slight concern is that he comes from the Dutch league who play a very particular style of 4-3-3.

Never convinced by it as a formation. Particularly in the big man up front with two wingers variety.

4-3-3 seems to be doing the vermin alright at the minute:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back