2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a thought, what if this bloke is no good either? Hmmmm...

Well....

Digne is the true star he plucked for us. Beyond that - poor recruitment and no discernible ability to get cash into the club from player sales has been his hallmark.

Marks out of ten on him so far would be interesting to compare with earlier in the season...I'd suggest if they were 7/8/9 out of 10 back then, they'd average 4/5/6 out of 10 right now.

Well....

Digne is the true star he plucked for us. Beyond that - poor recruitment and no discernible ability to get cash into the club from player sales has been his hallmark.

Marks out of ten on him so far would be interesting to compare with earlier in the season...I'd suggest if they were 7/8/9 out of 10 back then, they'd average 4/5/6 out of 10 right now.

Still time left in the transfer window...failing that, I have an acquaintance from high school that never got his shiz together that I could probably get some hallucinogenics from, just in case.

If I was brands -

1. Organize fire sale on players - drop prices massively to shift wages.
2. Use funds recovered for a new manager.

I would put everyone in the squad up for sale apart from Digne and see what we can get. Every player apart from him would result in me shrugging my shoulders if they were sold.

Goes missing in a transfer window when we are on the slide and in desperate need of some leadership. He had to be out there selling players and generating cash to spend this month if the policy is now sell to buy. He's proving himself wholly inadequate to that side of the job.

Where are you Brands? Get involved in this free-fall and arrest it or you're just another part of the problem at this club.

Get signing players jug head. YOU were the one who left us short up front in the summer. You were the one who loaned out 19 players.

I think it’s fair to say as important a striker was in the summer, along with many other areas which we did address. Not all our problems could be resolved in one window.

To then come into the January window, it’s clear we dont have the ability to bring in the last jigsaw piece as once again we have many issues to sort out. Largely due to many factors that were not the creation of Brands.

I’m confident with time we will see further areas improved, but I won’t be too critical of Brands or Silva whilst it’s so clear the squad isn’t up to anything.

But, appreciate others calling for change - Just dont see how more changes help us as we haven’t allowed the necessary time for Brands to fix this, sure he may have made a mistake or two in the summer and no doubt make more along the way, but just how could he have done more with his attentions expanded to so many players not contributing and balancing that with what we need? When there’s more players draining us of monies and not generating interest.

Goes missing in a transfer window when we are on the slide and in desperate need of some leadership. He had to be out there selling players and generating cash to spend this month if the policy is now sell to buy. He's proving himself wholly inadequate to that side of the job.

Where are you Brands? Get involved in this free-fall and arrest it or you're just another part of the problem at this club.

Most of the players are out on loan. How do we sell players out on loan until the end of the season - players who are not exactly setting the world on fire? These players will come back in the summer and hopefully Brands has some irons in the fire to see them either off on loan or a sale.

I’m happy for him to play this out behind closed doors, he has made us aware he wants players off the books - Dont want any further information- Just knowing it’s a priority is good enough for me.

Would be easy to sack Silva, but the rot has been deeply ingrained for years. Decades.

Just hope to fck Brands know what the problem is & can do something about it.

I think he is trying. We have some truly awful players on massive wages. They won't be easy to shift, hence all the loans.

I think there is a massive problem within the squad. Don't know whether it is the salaries causing divisions (wasn't mirallas on 39k when he left?), but something is not right.

Hard to sell poor players on huge wages . Sure he is trying . It's a shambles

Well....

...well, you’ve never rated him. You rate Silva, though.

I think the signings have generally been good, and it’s like GroundHog Day discussing shifting the unshiftable with you. The team are tactically inept, but I don’t think Brands will have lots to do with that.

Brands at this stage gets 7 out of 10 from me.

Most of the players are out on loan. How do we sell players out on loan until the end of the season - players who are not exactly setting the world on fire? These players will come back in the summer and hopefully Brands has some irons in the fire to see them either off on loan or a sale.

I’m happy for him to play this out behind closed doors, he has made us aware he wants players off the books - Dont want any further information- Just knowing it’s a priority is good enough for me.
He's got Gueye and Lookman there who can generate cash. They wont be here next season so make a start on them.

His purblindness last summer in loaning all those players out means we have to consider sacrificing a couple now in order to recover some momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back