2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
...well, you’ve never rated him. You rate Silva, though.

I think the signings have generally been good, and it’s like GroundHog Day discussing shifting the unshiftable with you. The team are tactically inept, but I don’t think Brands will have lots to do with that.

Brands at this stage gets 7 out of 10 from me.
Employing a DoF is not the right way for a club like this. It just leads to confusion as to who is responsible for what, and major mistakes in the transfer market.

Brands oversees everything that we as a club do.

Player recruitment, offloading players, the academy and the manager. He’s
He's got Gueye and Lookman there who can generate cash. They wont be here next season so make a start on them.

His purblindness last summer in loaning all those players out means we have to consider sacrificing a couple now in order to recover some momentum.

I believe those players who were loaned out last season had a mix of being terrible coupled with being on ludicrous wages. The wage issue is the crux of the problem.

I don’t agree with selling players that contribute, but perhaps Brands will be forced into having to in order to generate actual space and funds to purchase cheaper, lesser contracted versions. It’s a hard job and I for wish Brands more than all the best.

Let’s hope in the summer we are helped by some atrocious decisions by our rivals and see teams come in for the gash we have.

Employing a DoF is not the right way for a club like this. It just leads to confusion as to who is responsible for what, and major mistakes in the transfer market.

...I think that’s a very reasonable view, Dave. I don’t think that should cloud your opinion of Brands as an individual, though.

I can understand the logic in having a DoF but I agree, it can blur the demarcation lines. Ultimately, whether it’s a manager or DoF who calls the shots in the transfer market, that person has the pivotal role in the club.

Any sign of this Scarlet Pimpernel?

Mr Good Times - always ready for an interview when we're on an even keel; goes missing when the going gets tough.

Where are you Brands? What are you doing to make funds available to this manager? What's the game plan here this window? How do we get momentum back?

Director of football. Dont make me 'kin laugh.

Mr Good Times - always ready for an interview when we're on an even keel; goes missing when the going gets tough.

Where are you Brands? What are you doing to make funds available to this manager? What's the game plan here this window? How do we get momentum back?

Not willing to release funds to a dead duck of a manager.

Probably nothing, as the manager does not get the funds in this setup. It's the Owner and board who give the funds to the DOF and he brings the players in. Moshiri is the one who needs to answer the questions at the moment, football clubs cost money, lots of money he knew that before he came in. How can Brands do his work with no money. Moshiri has already proved how clueless he is on multiple things, and who invited him in, well Blue Bill of course. It's just a never ending cycle at the moment

Is it safe to say he dropped the ball on Bolaise?

How do you allow a player or his agent to insert a clause in his loan agreement that he can rescind the deal if he feels like it, at a cost to the club if 2.1mill, probably more, I presume Villa will only pay 50% of a loan fee.

I’m hoping to be talked out of the strong suspicion that he hasn’t dropped a massive clanger here.

I have no doubt it was the only way to get rid of the bugger.....even if only for half a season.

Bolasie and his agent held the aces......”agree to this clause or we will just sit in the grandstand of a Saturday, taking your money for doing nowt”.

Probably nothing, as the manager does not get the funds in this setup. It's the Owner and board who give the funds to the DOF and he brings the players in. Moshiri is the one who needs to answer the questions at the moment, football clubs cost money, lots of money he knew that before he came in. How can Brands do his work with no money. Moshiri has already proved how clueless he is on multiple things, and who invited him in, well Blue Bill of course. It's just a never ending cycle at the moment
I completely agree on Moshiri, but Brands has introduced the sell to buy policy and cant possibly make it work as we have most of those we dont want out on loan so cant generate the cash to hand to Silva.

He ruins footballers Dave.

Every single player goes backwards with his coaching, I wouldnt buy the clown a traffic cone if I was Brands.
Brands is an axe-man. I have no faith in him. All his purchases barring Digne have been bang average or worse, and he has everything to prove as a wheeler dealer on outgoing players.

I feel sorry for Silva caught in the jaws between Brands and Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back