2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the word average is more suited here to the players on the list which is another reason why no one is interested in them. Car boot sale in the rain was mentioned in another thread. Sums it up really. Better players available for clubs to take from other clubs
Have to agree with the last bit
Bournemouth bought Dominic doesn’t score Solanke in preference to Bobbys star buy Naisse and Tosun
You can’t force clubs to buy our expensive overpaid junk

I have to say, I am shocked and bitterly disappointed that he has been unable to get rid, even on loan to free up ANY wages, of Schneiderlin, McCarthy and Bolasie. Isn't Brands supposed to be good? How on earth can he end this transfer window with us paying 250k a week for those three?

I have to say, I am shocked and bitterly disappointed that he has been unable to get rid, even on loan to free up ANY wages, of Schneiderlin, McCarthy and Bolasie. Isn't Brands supposed to be good? How on earth can he end this transfer window with us paying 250k a week for those three?

All comes down to other clubs wanting them mate (even on loan) and it's not as if we can force clubs to take them (unless we offer to pay all their wages)

Still got tomorrow left of the window to at least get Bolaise out the door.

Am slightly concerned there haven't been many more outgoings this window.
He'd better go hard in the Summer or questions need to be asked?

History will judge Brands kindly, The winter window of 2k19, when he resisted the cries of the bedwetters and didnt waste anymore money on overpriced tosh.
This season is a washout, I'd rather persist with DCL and the Cenk then splash 35 on Bats. So I agree, resist away Mr Brands. Unless a Gana replacement is needed however.

You destroyed your own argument in the same sentence.
Solanke is a young English lad with a lot of room to develop, will probably fit into Bournemouth's system okay and he wasn't on big wages at Liverpool. Niasse and Tosun aren't going to develop into quality strikers and are on massive wages in comparison.

All comes down to other clubs wanting them mate (even on loan) and it's not as if we can force clubs to take them (unless we offer to pay all their wages)

Still got tomorrow left of the window to at least get Bolaise out the door.
I just find it impossible to understand how he hasn't been able to get rid even if it means we're paying half or three quarters. Quite poor I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back