2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he's working away this week 24/7

He'll be answering phone calls from all those teams desperate to snap up Tosun, Schneiderlin, Sandro etc..

Phone will be ringing off the hook with teams looking to get a bargain so I'd imagine he's sorting out those deals so he can swell the transfer coffers.

If he can't sell them by the end of this week then there's nothing down for him.

I’m thinking about sourcing players from closer to home, those on the brink such as our own Holgate and Kenny - Robertson, their left back was a find - and I’m sure their are many more with a passion and desire to step-up.

I think a heady mix of British based players and the odd one or two ‘sexy’ Latin types would strike the right balance at this juncture on our return to the top. It’s too early in the campaign to try and do a City or Chelsea.

Thank you. Spot on.

Ahh, yes; but are they the RIGHT signings at this point in time? Apart from Digne, none looks settled in the Premiership. Eventually, perhaps, but not just yet.

They aren't in the sense that in paper they are too good to be here. I actually forgot bernard haha

Because the squad level was so poor then they get dragged down to that level rather than the rest moving to their level, which is why the overall performances are so bad at the minute.

In my opinion like.

Great signings which should be giving us the ability to compete with the top of the table. Why aren't we it has to be the coaching or the lack thereof doesn't it?Chemistry in the team is at a all time low.

As above, it's not the new players who came in but the existing ones that hold them back. Same ones who didn't perform since they got here to be fair.

I'm not questioning him, but that doesn't really mean anything does it? If you want to put a negative slant on this you could just say we've spent £100m on an unproven forward player who doesn't have an actual position, a centre half most of us had never heard of before the summer, a bloke who got relegated last year and one who's questioned his own mental wellbeing. The truth is probably somewhere in between, we can only judge the players on what we've seen them produce on the pitch, and for me only 2 of those named have so far done enough for him to deserve credit. The other 3 are very much in the balance at the moment.

I said earlier, it's far too early to judge Brands either way, the suggestions that he's the best thing to ever happen to us are every bit as ludicrous as those that he's useless.

But then the other side to that is that the team has been poor for a number of years now. Before brands, Silva and even moshiri.

If we signed that calibre of player again on the summer and built on what we brought in last summer then the former players can drop out the team and then instead of relegation battlers we have internationals that were deemed good enough for the levels we aspire to be at.

Because that is the point here, digne mina gomes Bernard were all classes as good enough for psg, Barca shaktar etc whereas a lot of other players in the past 2 years were signed from bottom half teams. Completely different class and the difference as to why we struggle now rather than push on from where we ended last season.

In my opinion

They aren't in the sense that in paper they are too good to be here. I actually forgot bernard haha

Because the squad level was so poor then they get dragged down to that level rather than the rest moving to their level, which is why the overall performances are so bad at the minute.

In my opinion like.

As above, it's not the new players who came in but the existing ones that hold them back. Same ones who didn't perform since they got here to be fair.

But then the other side to that is that the team has been poor for a number of years now. Before brands, Silva and even moshiri.

If we signed that calibre of player again on the summer and built on what we brought in last summer then the former players can drop out the team and then instead of relegation battlers we have internationals that were deemed good enough for the levels we aspire to be at.

Because that is the point here, digne mina gomes Bernard were all classes as good enough for psg, Barca shaktar etc whereas a lot of other players in the past 2 years were signed from bottom half teams. Completely different class and the difference as to why we struggle now rather than push on from where we ended last season.

In my opinion
I don’t care where we sign players from to be honest, I care how well they play for us. Rather have a Tim Cahill from Milwall and a Seamus Coleman from Sligo than a Klaassen from Ajax and a Drenthe from Real.

And Billy liar who appointed martinez, and hung on to Moyes for 5 Years too long is still there.......the architect of our current demise....and Brands is being pilloried after what?.....not even a year in thejob? Pffft!!

I don’t care where we sign players from to be honest, I care how well they play for us. Rather have a Tim Cahill from Milwall and a Seamus Coleman from Sligo than a Klaassen from Ajax and a Drenthe from Real.
Cahill and Coleman won is nothing so not sure why you want cheap lower league buys as the answer to actually winning something.

Cahill and Coleman won is nothing so not sure why you want cheap lower league buys as the answer to actually winning something.
Oh so we’re guaranteed to win stuff by signing unwanted players from top clubs are we? How did that go with Neville, Saha, Howard, Lukaku, deulofeu etc etc et bleeding cetera? At least try to make sensible points eh?

Yeah, it's "impossible" to sell players in today's transfer market. No other clubs sell either. It's actually a wonder with so few sales how PL transfer totals are smashed summer in summer out.

Is the belief that these players will suddenly increase their market value after being on loan for a year and having less time of their contract left with Everton?

Two players in two windlows he's sold so far. He's generated about £25M in sales. The feller's hopeless at sales.
back to FIFA with you. Most clubs have not got bang average players on 120k a week

Take a look at the average wages of the 18 or so out on loan - I'd be very surprised if it wasn't well below £40,000 pw. VERY surprised.
Think the word average is more suited here to the players on the list which is another reason why no one is interested in them. Car boot sale in the rain was mentioned in another thread. Sums it up really. Better players available for clubs to take from other clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back