2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then our demands are too high. Drop the prices, drastically if needs be. What’s the point in having them around?

The transfer fee will be small compared to the wages. Sandro, for example, is picking up 6M a season. 3 years left on this contract and that's 18M in wages that another team would need to commit to.

Even on a free no-one would want him. Same with others like Bolasie and Schneiderlin.

I'm not sure on the likes of Tosun or Niasse. Think you could get rid of them if you dropped the fees considerably. Maybe 5M for Niasse and 10-12M for Tosun would get some buyers. I'm not sure. There's got to be a point where a loan makes more sense to try and get some value back onto the player.

So you suggest we only shop in the PL?
Given most in the top 6 won't sign for us, we'd be looking at the others who typically finish below us to try and poach their players.
Those teams know they have few stars and such players keep them in the PL. So they whack a huge premium on them.

Like Sigurdssen.

We then judge the amount paid for someone like Gylfi because it's probably 15m more than his quality alone is worth.

How much is being touted for Zaha? 60m?

Who else from those teams would genuinely improve us? Sure they'd be a more known quantity but certainly not a better quality for an aspiring team.

And there is the dilemma for someone like Brands and Silva given they need to get a team out made up of culturally transitioning footballers.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I’m thinking about sourcing players from closer to home, those on the brink such as our own Holgate and Kenny - Robertson, their left back was a find - and I’m sure their are many more with a passion and desire to step-up.

I think a heady mix of British based players and the odd one or two ‘sexy’ Latin types would strike the right balance at this juncture on our return to the top. It’s too early in the campaign to try and do a City or Chelsea.

We never have much luck with Dutchmen innit.

Ray Atteveld

Van der Meyde

Royston Vasey

Johnny H

Koeman

Koeman frere

Now this permatanned truant....:(
I imagine him and Capt Jags go to the same tanning clinic. Apparently they spray some tanning chemical in a booth and the tannee can be in the nude or wear a pair of paper panties.
I suspect Capt Jags opts for the panties

To be fair to Steve Walsh he wasnt bad at sales and clearing deadwood, Cleveley, Ovideo, Gibson, McGeady, Pienaar, Kone, Howard and his numerous loans. He brokered the Lukaku and Stones deals as well, nothing to shout about really as in the loss of those players.

Pity about some of the ins, but i tend to blame the trinity for that Walsh/Koeman and Kenwright - everyone got a bit of something.

Im not to miffed about Ins under Brands, its the outs i think the club badly needs that we are struggling with.

I think hes doing well to hold his powder with no ins, we definitely need to take our medicine this window, but we do need outs.

dropped a massive clanger on the Bolaise deal and needs calling on it IMO if nothing else materialises.
I'm not calling for massive restructuring this window, just enough to add some sparkle to the attack and give the team a boost it badly needs. But there's no chance of that if the feller responsible for springing the cash to get that player in is incapable of doing it. Maybe that's why he's gone AWOL?

Any reports about what this feller is up to, btw?

I cant find anything on his whereablouts/movements in the post AGM period.

It's so good to know that when we are terrible on the pitch we have a man tasked with co-ordinating the playing side - ironing out any difficulties and being on hand to provide resources to the coach to get us moving in the right direction again.

It's so good to know that when we are terrible on the pitch we have a man tasked with co-ordinating the playing side - ironing out any difficulties and being on hand to provide resources to the coach to get us moving in the right direction again.
I bet he's sorry he didn't keep you up to date on his life, Dave.

Maybe he's out doing the job you hope he's doing and not wasting his time chatting to the press, or is that too radical?

To be fair to Steve Walsh he wasnt bad at sales and clearing deadwood, Cleveley, Ovideo, Gibson, McGeady, Pienaar, Kone, Howard and his numerous loans. He brokered the Lukaku and Stones deals as well, nothing to shout about really as in the loss of those players.

Pity about some of the ins, but i tend to blame the trinity for that Walsh/Koeman and Kenwright - everyone got a bit of something.

Im not to miffed about Ins under Brands, its the outs i think the club badly needs that we are struggling with.

I think hes doing well to hold his powder with no ins, we definitely need to take our medicine this window, but we do need outs.

dropped a massive clanger on the Bolaise deal and needs calling on it IMO if nothing else materialises.
Didn't exactly handle Barkley's sale well though did he? We lost out a but there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back