2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean how can he sell with no buyers.

It's not the fees that are the issue, it's the players' wages.

Someone will probably pay £12m for Schneiderlin, but they won't pay him £120k p/wk.

Same goes for a fair few of them who are on fat contracts.

Brands signings in 3 months

Richarldson - Brazilian international
Digne - french international (Barca psg Roma)
Mina - Columbian international (Barca)
Zouma - french international (Chelsea )
Gomes - Portugal international (Barca and euro winner)

How anyone can dare question his ability as dof is beyond me.

Ahh, yes; but are they the RIGHT signings at this point in time? Apart from Digne, none looks settled in the Premiership. Eventually, perhaps, but not just yet.

Great signings which should be giving us the ability to compete with the top of the table. Why aren't we it has to be the coaching or the lack thereof doesn't it?Chemistry in the team is at a all time low.

I can blame him for issuing a directive that we need to sell one or two to get one in the fold....having first of all LOANED out most of our saleable players.

The feller is a lightweight when we needed an industry leader.

Laughing at the credibility and Kudos that was heaped on him last summer when 6 months later we can see his purchases were to say the least hit and miss and he hamstrung us in terms of selling players to now make any difference in the January window.
Which sellable players has he loaned out We have pure crap on our books that Moyes Martinez Koeman and Walsh bought that no one wants

I'm not questioning him, but that doesn't really mean anything does it? If you want to put a negative slant on this you could just say we've spent £100m on an unproven forward player who doesn't have an actual position, a centre half most of us had never heard of before the summer, a bloke who got relegated last year and one who's questioned his own mental wellbeing. The truth is probably somewhere in between, we can only judge the players on what we've seen them produce on the pitch, and for me only 2 of those named have so far done enough for him to deserve credit. The other 3 are very much in the balance at the moment.

I said earlier, it's far too early to judge Brands either way, the suggestions that he's the best thing to ever happen to us are every bit as ludicrous as those that he's useless.

Ahh, yes; but are they the RIGHT signings at this point in time? Apart from Digne, none looks settled in the Premiership. Eventually, perhaps, but not just yet.

He has to work within market conditions. There's presumably a plan, some players are available last summer, some not, there's loads of factors that frankly we're never gonna know about.

So you suggest we only shop in the PL?
Given most in the top 6 won't sign for us, we'd be looking at the others who typically finish below us to try and poach their players.
Those teams know they have few stars and such players keep them in the PL. So they whack a huge premium on them.

Like Sigurdssen.

We then judge the amount paid for someone like Gylfi because it's probably 15m more than his quality alone is worth.

How much is being touted for Zaha? 60m?

Who else from those teams would genuinely improve us? Sure they'd be a more known quantity but certainly not a better quality for an aspiring team.

And there is the dilemma for someone like Brands and Silva given they need to get a team out made up of culturally transitioning footballers.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Agreed.

vlasic and Holgate weren't for sale, they have been loaned out for game time ( if the time comes I'm sure they'll be very easy to sell )

Besic, are you forgetting he rejected a perm move to someone late on in the window ( might have even been boro )

Niasse, although he well help teams below us score the odd goal, he's gone on loan to Cardiff a team who wont be paying anyone what he's on salary wise, so again who is going to outright buy him?
Maybe he’s trying to sell the duffers , and the other clubs are just laughing at him ...” Buy who lol“

Or he’s on a clandestine Seek-and- Destroy mission looking for Steve Walsh
how do you shift average players on large wages in the space of a few months?
I agree, he should do what he was brought in to do.

However, if you’re brought in to implement a “sell to buy” strategy and the squad consists of failed signings on massive wages, then that is a tough brief and not something which can be implemented over night.

You seem to think he should be selling off our worst players in January, but you must accept that you can’t force clubs to make the same mistake we have made in signing those players in the first place?
Which sellable players has he loaned out We have pure crap on our books that Moyes Martinez Koeman and Walsh bought that no one wants
Yeah, it's "impossible" to sell players in today's transfer market. No other clubs sell either. It's actually a wonder with so few sales how PL transfer totals are smashed summer in summer out.

Is the belief that these players will suddenly increase their market value after being on loan for a year and having less time of their contract left with Everton?

Two players in two windlows he's sold so far. He's generated about £25M in sales. The feller's hopeless at sales.

Yeah, it's "impossible" to sell players in today's transfer market. No other clubs sell either. It's actually a wonder with so few sales how PL transfer totals are smashed summer in summer out.

Is the belief that these players will suddenly increase their market value after being on loan for a year and having less time of their contract left with Everton?

Two players in two windlows he's sold so far. He's generated about £25M in sales. The feller's hopeless at sales.
I

i'll give it to you, the absolute master of avoiding a question and replying with nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back