2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll probably turn out to be ou best signing. He's bought some good players for us (even if the manager doesn't konw what to do with them) and he appears to have contacts and knows football. Early days but so far I've been impressed.

Can't sell, can't buy. I don't see the problem with this from a business perspective and can't use it as a stick to beat him with. Too many players on too much money for anyone else to come in for them unless there's some 'creative' dealing (pay off the player to go, and/ or cheap sales) or there book value drops to allow them to be written off.

There is however some absolute dross in that list though... I do hope that Brands proves to be a cut above them.
I can blame him for issuing a directive that we need to sell one or two to get one in the fold....having first of all LOANED out most of our saleable players.

The feller is a lightweight when we needed an industry leader.

Laughing at the credibility and Kudos that was heaped on him last summer when 6 months later we can see his purchases were to say the least hit and miss and he hamstrung us in terms of selling players to now make any difference in the January window.

He doesn’t have any choice in the matter - there is either money to be spent or there isn’t, and that is not his shout at the moment.

In terms of making it work, we will find out soon. However you must accept that it not an easy job to flog some of the dead horses we have earning massive wages?
He cant do what he was brought in to do: clear this mess up and facilitate the manager.

He's proving to be a massive failure and can now be seen to be p[art of the boardroom problem at Everton: co-opted by the people he should be independent of to make football decisions.

He cant do what he was brought in to do: clear this mess up and facilitate the manager.

He's proving to be a massive failure and can now be seen to be p[art of the boardroom problem at Everton: co-opted by the people he should be independent of to make football decisions.

dave, how can you not see what a tough job it is getting rid of some of these clowns on the books?

realistically who's buying these players? it comes down to teams who will be able to afford the fee won't be able to match the wages, then it's a case of does a player want to move and play for say half the wage? it's almost always a no

We should try and sell our deadwood with a Buy One Get One Free offer . Might just work
...or he could seek to do what he's here to do and earn his 'kin corn.

BTW, anyone heard anything from him in the teeth of this downturn?

Brands = AWOL.

Good time Charlie who frigs off when the going gets tough.

Where are you Brands? WTF are you doing to get on top of a developing bad situation?

Nowhere to be seen. Deserted his position.

dave, how can you not see what a tough job it is getting rid of some of these clowns on the books?

realistically who's buying these players? it comes down to teams who will be able to afford the fee won't be able to match the wages, then it's a case of does a player want to move and play for say half the wage? it's almost always a no
If you cant sell Besic, Vlasic, Holgate and Niasse then you really have no right being a director of football.

What does good times Charlie think - there's only one side of the job?

He doesn’t have any choice in the matter - there is either money to be spent or there isn’t, and that is not his shout at the moment.

In terms of making it work, we will find out soon. However you must accept that it not an easy job to flog some of the dead horses we have earning massive wages?
Getting a loan fee and their wages off the books - even if only temporary will - help with amortisation over their contract period. Think there are so many overpaid 'stars' which noone wants to buy so that's his only choice. Hopefully he is preparing ' for sale in China' dossiers on them all.

If you cant sell Besic, Vlasic, Holgate and Niasse then you really have no right being a director of football.

What does good times Charlie think - there's only one side of the job?
vlasic and Holgate weren't for sale, they have been loaned out for game time ( if the time comes I'm sure they'll be very easy to sell )

Besic, are you forgetting he rejected a perm move to someone late on in the window ( might have even been boro )

Niasse, although he well help teams below us score the odd goal, he's gone on loan to Cardiff a team who wont be paying anyone what he's on salary wise, so again who is going to outright buy him?

...or he could seek to do what he's here to do and earn his 'kin corn.

BTW, anyone heard anything from him in the teeth of this downturn?

Brands = AWOL.

Good time Charlie who frigs off when the going gets tough.

Where are you Brands? WTF are you doing to get on top of a developing bad situation?

Nowhere to be seen. Deserted his position.

Maybe he’s trying to sell the duffers , and the other clubs are just laughing at him ...” Buy who lol“

Or he’s on a clandestine Seek-and- Destroy mission looking for Steve Walsh

I can blame him for issuing a directive that we need to sell one or two to get one in the fold....having first of all LOANED out most of our saleable players.

The feller is a lightweight when we needed an industry leader.

Laughing at the credibility and Kudos that was heaped on him last summer when 6 months later we can see his purchases were to say the least hit and miss and he hamstrung us in terms of selling players to now make any difference in the January window.
Williams, Bolasie, Mirallas, Ramirez, Besic, Vlasic, Martina etc may be on loan, but look at that list, if you mean by saleable: "ones we need to sell at any price to get rid of them and the millstone they have around our neck" then I agree. If you mean saleable as in easy to sell because they're really good value and do a job and we'll get a decent price - then no chance.

If anything Brands is managing the hamstring he inherited last summer. Koeman and Walsh did a number on this club. I also blame sunshine Bob and Blue Bill, and Moshiri certainly hasn't covered himself in glory early on. If Brands gets Everton pointing the right way by the start of next season then he will deserve huge praise. At this moment in time he has some wins in his column and some question marks still to answer. I think it's still to early to put many negatives against him.

Maybe you're ahead of the curve on his performance, but he needs more time to sort his area of influence after the rubbish we have foistered upon us for extortionate amounts.

how do you shift average players on large wages in the space of a few months?

I agree, he should do what he was brought in to do.

However, if you’re brought in to implement a “sell to buy” strategy and the squad consists of failed signings on massive wages, then that is a tough brief and not something which can be implemented over night.

You seem to think he should be selling off our worst players in January, but you must accept that you can’t force clubs to make the same mistake we have made in signing those players in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back