2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said £20M yesterday, then you came back and stuck by your £80M figure!

Anyway, yes, this January was a bizarrely slow window for sales. However, the damage done by Brands was in the summer when he failed to get fees in for more than two players. He's the architect of his own problems here with so many now out on loan - because he's come up with/agreed to a policy of selling to buy in order to restructure this current squad.

He's either a poor strategist or a doormat for the board...either of which we dont need in a DoF.

His role here is to facilitate a manager - he's failed on that. Utterly.

Whether you like it or not and I dont, his role is to stop the bleeding, once thats been patched up, which realistically will be contract expiry for most players, then we can start looking at improving.

Hopefully a few players will consider whether they want to go out on loan for 2 years or whether they want to play football and take a pay cut.

So wheelin' dealin' Everton are now a thing of the past?

I know Moshiri talked a couple of seasons back about a narrow window of opportunity to get ourselves into the elite by spending a lot more. Well this now looks like the window slammed shut.

I know Moshiri talked a couple of seasons back about a narrow window of opportunity to get ourselves into the elite by spending a lot more. Well this now looks like the window slammed shut.
did it EVER open ???

I think not

So it grows on trees does it/ Where was it going to come from? In fact there was quite a bit of money but bad signings before MS used it up. Moshiri has to rely on the managers and DOF to guide on transfers. You cannot spend what you have not got.

Well of course its slammed shut, we wasted the Lukaku money, we wasted the Stones money, we wasted the windfall Moshiri gave us, its all gone, we now have debts again, not just to Moshiri, but to the bank of china, an overdraft, the window isnt slammed shut, its smashed to pieces and letting in the rain Dave.

So Brands has come out, boarded it up and now hes trying to sell the broken pieces so we can buy a new window.

The future isnt a pretty picture really, we have to find money for the stadium, we have to find money to invest in players, its achievable, but its not gonna happen today or tomorrow, for sure.

Well of course its slammed shut, we wasted the Lukaku money, we wasted the Stones money, we wasted the windfall Moshiri gave us, its all gone, we now have debts again, not just to Moshiri, but to the bank of china, an overdraft, the window isnt slammed shut, its smashed to pieces and letting in the rain Dave.

So Brands has come out, boarded it up and now hes trying to sell the broken pieces so we can buy a new window.

The future isnt a pretty picture really, we have to find money for the stadium, we have to find money to invest in players, its achievable, but its not gonna happen today or tomorrow, for sure.

lets see where we are in 5 years time.

at goodison still??

in the premier league ??

in champions league and new stadium ??

your guess is as good as mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back