2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-3 more yrs of those players on the books.....purely because of the stupidly high wages and lengthy contracts thrown at them.

Anybody who ever says "it's not your money" should be reminded of this period in the club's history. Because even if we can't change anything it bloody does matter how much they spend on fees, wages and how many years they sign them up for. These details have done for clubs in the past.
Seth Johnson spring to mind

Vlasic helps.

Mirallas - 2M
Baines - 1M
McCarthy - 5M
Niasse - 6M
Bolasie - 10M
Schneiderlin - 5M
Basic - 3M
Tosun - 15M
Maybe get up to 50M with some of the others.

Vlasic could go for upwards of 25M. Onyenkuru could go for 18-20M.
Is Baines not out of contract
I’d keep him for another year on reduced wages as cover if Connolly and /or Robinson are not deemed good enough / ready yet

I'm not sure which Everton team you've been watching this season, because it can't have been the useless one the rest of us have suffered with.

We have an average team, and are majorly short in some positions (striker being one) and I would have liked to have seen us address that this window, even if it was a short term loan. If you read the rest of my post (that's if your attention span lasts more than two lines) you'll notice that I said we were always likely sell to buy this window, and since we didn't sell anyone we didn't sign anyone so I'm not surprised, but still disappointed as I want to see Everton improve.

I trust you do as well but if you're happy watching some of these same players play like crap week after week, I guess it's each to their own.
And buying a Jarg striker would help how exactly?

But how can you call it a failing of the club if you don’t know what we’ve tried to do or what we plan to do?

Because that's his opinion. We don't know that it isn't a failing of the club either. One can only look at the clubs performance over a period of time and form an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back