2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Reality" and "pragmatism" - they seem to be the crumbs of comfort taken from the ashes of that horrendously and inappropriately low key January transfer window.

Let's just call it for what it was: a conscious decision to stay about midtable.

Not sure too many on here when Moshiri came in would have expected that, but that's where we are. Treading water.
With a terrible manager.. If we fail to recruit players in the summer then I fear for this team

So you say it wasn’t good enough to not bring a striker in but also can’t even suggest someone you’d have wanted us to go for?

The world is full of strikers. I expect a DoF to be aware of them and get one in, even for just a few months. Not asking for too much really is it?

I'd still call it a hopelessly short term decision, because we need a striker in now to bed in for next season.
Dave I know you hate on brands... But imagine the piles of dross silva would be bringing in if he wasn't here, with Moshiri signing cheques left right and centre just like he did for Koeman etc...

Brands is actually saving the club here

So you say it wasn’t good enough to not bring a striker in but also can’t even suggest someone you’d have wanted us to go for?

I'm pretty sure Davek doesn't have his own scouting network. We have people at the club who are paid ridiculous amounts of money to do this.

Dave I know you hate on brands... But imagine the piles of dross silva would be bringing in if he wasn't here, with Moshiri signing cheques left right and centre just like he did for Koeman etc...

Brands is actually saving the club here
Your Silva is rubbish kite isn't going to fly with me mate. Give it up.

...ask the Director of Football. That's why he gets paid very handsomely.

Mate, this is the toughest league in the world.a league where the likes of Hernan Crespo, Shevchenko and Morata have all failed. To think we can just pluck some unknown to lead out front line, given the dross service we offer is typical of your ignorance to the facts when it comes to suiting your agenda.

Just as if, there was someone available that we thought could do the job and had the funds available etc but we just did not bother.

You call it short-termism to not sell Gana but are now advocating short-termism to find a striker in Jan just for a few months. Worked out well for Tosun and us didn’t it?
...a stop gap I was advocating at least to give impetus to the rest of the season. It wouldn't have been ideal.

Mate, this is the toughest league in the world.a league where the likes of Hernan Crespo, Shevchenko and Morata have all failed. To think we can just pluck some unknown to lead out front line, given the dross service we offer is typical of your ignorance to the facts when it comes to suiting your agenda.

Just as if, there was someone available that we thought could do the job and had the funds available etc but we just did not bother.
The decision was made very early this window to consider no one. We were pretty much told that by Brands. The window was always going to remain locked for us. So it really didn't matter in the end who was or wasn't available.

Bottom line: it was a dispiritingly ambitionless window carried out by a man completely in lock step with a board that has prudence now as its watchword as we head into a period that makes or breaks the stadium scheme.

On that basis, be prepared for an equally parsimonious summer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back