2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got a job on his hands that’s for sure. I’m sure he’d even consider paying up some of the contracts just to “help” them find new clubs.

We’re still funding a huge % of bolasie wages. I’d reckon the same for Sandro and maybe Williams. Wasters like Schneiderlin, who is not remotely interested in football, is creaming £5m a year off us. Substandard players like Pickford Keane Iceland and Theo will be creaming the best part of £25m out of us this year

Steve Walsh brought this club to its knees, make no mistake about it this damage is long term.

we have 100% got at least anoher 2 years if not 3 years of transfer aysterity..

we will not be challenging for Europe anytime soon. good job too, as we certainly wont have a squad big or good enough to cope with those extra games

its going to be a very long 3 years

Not bothered about bringing no one in.
Concerned we still have garbage like Schneiderlin hanging around. Even a club paying 20% of his salary is better than him being here not playing and us paying 100%. I find it very hard to believe there were 0 offers for any of the fringe players, even if they were bad ones

What more could he have done this window?

Set his stall out early. It looks like a season of cleaning up the mess while we consolidate 7-11th. We’ve started to flush the turds. I suspect the manager will stay. We will have had a year to practise zonal marking. Admittedly, we are still on page one on how to do it but it’s a start. We will look for striker but you have to think they’ve already earmarked one. Grim if we only start a search in July. Many other positions to strengthen too and permanent deals to sort. It’s still a bit of a mess. The manager has to up his game too.

Appears we’ve got even more to do than at the start of last season. Happy days.

Not bothered about bringing no one in.
Concerned we still have garbage like Schneiderlin hanging around. Even a club paying 20% of his salary is better than him being here not playing and us paying 100%. I find it very hard to believe there were 0 offers for any of the fringe players, even if they were bad ones
We have to play some of these guys now. Schneiderlin and Tosun need to be in the first team. They are top earners who have refused to leave so it's time to call their bluff. If I was their manager, I'd sit them down and ask "why are you still here?" Tosun at least would say he feels he hasn't had a fair chance and that he could be our main striker. So then you give him a run and say "Ok, you are my main striker for the next 5 matches. Do well and we won't need to sign anyone. Do badly, and we agree to find you a new club in the summer". With Schneiderlin I don't know if he can't be bothered, is carrying an injury, or has had a crisis of confidence, but we need to either play him or agree a deal to sell him for cheap and sever his contract at the end of the season. Same with Bolassie.

January 2019 transfer window = the myth of Brands dies a death.

A team in desperate need of a striker and to be pulled out of a rut hobbles on to the summer. And the DoF made the decision (or fell in line with the decision) to do that.

Set his stall out early. It looks like a season of cleaning up the mess while we consolidate 7-11th. We’ve started to flush the turds. I suspect the manager will stay. We will have had a year to practise zonal marking. Admittedly, we are still on page one on how to do it but it’s a start. We will look for striker but you have to think they’ve already earmarked one. Grim if we only start a search in July. Many other positions to strengthen too and permanent deals to sort. It’s still a bit of a mess. The manager has to up his game too.

Appears we’ve got even more to do than at the start of last season. Happy days.

Brands already said end of Summer he was instantly planning for the next summer. If we have a striker in mind we’ll be going for him.

We have to play some of these guys now. Schneiderlin and Tosun need to be in the first team. They are top earners who have refused to leave so it's time to call their bluff. If I was their manager, I'd sit them down and ask "why are you still here?" Tosun at least would say he feels he hasn't had a fair chance and that he could be our main striker. So then you give him a run and say "Ok, you are my main striker for the next 5 matches. Do well and we won't need to sign anyone. Do badly, and we agree to find you a new club in the summer". With Schneiderlin I don't know if he can't be bothered, is carrying an injury, or has had a crisis of confidence, but we need to either play him or agree a deal to sell him for cheap and sever his contract at the end of the season. Same with Bolassie.
Playing sniderfraud takes us nearer to relegation

A team in desperate need of a striker and to be pulled out of a rut hobbles on to the summer. And the DoF made the decision (or fell in line with the decision) to do that.
If you mean the myth of him being a miracle worker? Yes. If you mean it's now replaced by the reality of a competent DoF working within the work structure of the club? Then yes.

We do need a striker. Who was available that we could afford that was better than what we had? Batshuayi? No chance. I will join your side however if this position is not filled in the Summer. I can forgive him and Everton for not sorting it out now or things falling through in Summer after joining on 'short notice', but next summer - if the striker role is not filled quickly then I will have nothing but criticism for him.

Would have liked to have seen more outgoings but a welcome change not to have any panic buy incomings.

Silva to steer us to 7th come the end of the season and Brands to have another good summer window like the last one and we’d be well placed.

If you mean the myth of him being a miracle worker? Yes. If you mean it's now replaced by the reality of a competent DoF working within the work structure of the club? Then yes.

We do need a striker. Who was available that we could afford that was better than what we had? Batshuayi? No chance. I will join your side however if this position is not filled in the Summer. I can forgive him and Everton for not sorting it out now or things falling through in Summer after joining on 'short notice', but next summer - if the striker role is not filled quickly then I will have nothing but criticism for him.
"Reality" and "pragmatism" - they seem to be the crumbs of comfort taken from the ashes of that horrendously and inappropriately low key January transfer window.

Let's just call it for what it was: a conscious decision to stay about midtable.

Not sure too many on here when Moshiri came in would have expected that, but that's where we are. Treading water.

Would have liked to have seen more outgoings but a welcome change not to have any panic buy incomings.

Silva to steer us to 7th come the end of the season and Brands to have another good summer window like the last one and we’d be well placed.

That's the only bit I struggle with there. I just have no faith in him or the team. Hope so though.

Please tell us who he should have brought in, seriously, I wanna hear this.

"Reality" and "pragmatism" - they seem to be the crumbs of comfort taken from the ashes of that horrendously and inappropriately low key January transfer window.

Let's just call it for what it was: a conscious decision to stay about midtable.

Not sure too many on here when Moshiri came in would have expected that, but that's where we are. Treading water.
If we still get 7th would you still be as annoyed or call it good business to keep Gueye and wait until summer when better targets are available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back