2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and we receive money, I.e. income, he’s saying we’ve cleared 76 mill net, Brands has player traded 76mill net. He’s about 250% and a minus figure off.

Incidentally we spent well over 76 mill in the summer.

He defo doesnt mean that mate, I mean hes not a moron.

We spent 28m on Mina, 18m on Digne, 45m on Rico, a loan fee of probably around 5m for Zooms, probably like 2m for Gomes = 98m
We recouped 12m for wee Davy, 8m for Mori = 20m

78m NET.

He defo doesnt mean that mate, I mean hes not a moron.

We spent 28m on Mina, 18m on Digne, 45m on Rico, a loan fee of probably around 5m for Zooms, probably like 2m for Gomes = 98m
We recouped 12m for wee Davy, 8m for Mori = 20m

78m NET.

It’s - 90 million odd net, if not more.

I’ve seen a figure as high of 7.0 mill for Zouma for the year, like I say though loan figures a speculative, the 7 mill figure in on transfermakdt.

We made about a 7 mill profit on Mori minus liability.
We made 11 mill loss on Klassen when you factor in our liability, that loss is crystallized.

With our expenditure and crystalised loss we are in the red to the tune of about the low- mid - 90 million since Brands came in, I’m not particularly blaming him for that, just analysing. That’s very different from 76 net positively. I haven’t added our out loans because it’s pointless given the unreliable figures, hopefully the deals done could get maybe 10-15 mill to mitigate that.

It's his job to oversee the situation. What he told White was that he handed the reins over to Koeman and just said "Koeman is Koeman". In one fell swoop he handed a divvy the keys to the family savings and it was gone in a few weeks one summer.

He's a cretin. He might be a great bag carrier for Usmanov, but he's a disastrous man to have around a football club.
Spot on Dave, he's an absolute liability.

Moshiri is an embarrassment. Every single time I've heard him speak or read his words he comes across as someone without self-reflection. Like a lot of rich people they're pretty thick with the basics of communication. Even worse than that , when they stray into business they're unfamiliar with, and try and transport whatever meagre talents they do have, they make huge and costly errors.

Make no mistake, we hit the mother-lode when he became involved in Everton.
Embarrassment? The depths of your pisstaking continue to know no bounds.

Sure, agreed he should not be involved in the final decisions involving the footballing side.
But you can't say the man does not have qualities to run a business, bc clearly he does.

The mistake these guys make is thinking this is a business and not a club.
Bc they are two different things.
This is where they fumble.

As supporters we have to vigilant.
And would argue we have to be more proactive in arresting the tide in it becoming more business and less club.

But statements like rendering Moshiri to an embarrassment don't help.

Blind bloody hope from me and don’t care about admitting it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that mate.

I honestly think it's that which is giving Moshiri a free pass - as a group of supporters everton fans need something and there is blind hope that people are clinging onto,

Nothing wrong in admitting that though - Marcel Brands being a success is so important to everyone and I understand why.

I think he's more the real deal than Moshiri. Damn hard work and the ability to spot a player are going to be crucial if Everton is to move forward.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that mate.

I honestly think it's that which is giving Moshiri a free pass - as a group of supporters everton fans need something and there is blind hope that people are clinging onto,

Nothing wrong in admitting that though - Marcel Brands being a success is so important to everyone and I understand why.

I think he's more the real deal than Moshiri. Damn hard work and the ability to spot a player are going to be crucial if Everton is to move forward.

Oh god yeah. I have waaay more concerns about Moshiri than Brands. Way more.

Some pretty good view points from both sides of the coin the past few pages. Reading the last few pages has made me realise how sick to death of Everton I actually am. I’m not angry, happy, sad I’m just tired!! It looks like the next few years ain’t going to be inspiring and brands has got a job on his hands. Good luck to him.
Mate i don't even cheer or feel anythihg anymore when we score or win, i've lost every bit of pride i once had for the club over the past couple of years, also, my missus brother and his 13 year old son have always had season tickets but they have stopped going over the last few seasons, his missus takes her daughter now instead so the season tickets don't go to waste, don't think they are renewing next season. I think Everton have/are going to lose a hell of a lot of support the way things are going.

Mate i don't even cheer or feel anythihg anymore when we score or win, i've lost every bit of pride i once had for the club over the past couple of years, also, my missus brother and his 13 year old son have always had season tickets but they have stopped going over the last few seasons, his missus takes her daughter now instead so the season tickets don't go to waste, don't think they are renewing next season. I think Everton have/are going to lose a hell of a lot of support the way things are going.
Totally understand that mate. It's not easy for sure.

Marcel should be on football Grand Designs where he initially takes a dump of a club, then finally over budget and later than originally planned he delivers a wonderful outcome..
Cue Kevin Mcloud

One of the best things to happen to us in a long time is Marcel.

A lesser man might of been tempted to blow money last month, buying zero shows how professional he is, understands with a squad too big no point adding with nothing to play for.

The money was not generated by Moshiri, but it was wasted by him. Now the taps are turned off because of the almighty bollocks he's made in hiring no marks and he's now in sell to buy mode like the feller he was supposed to be relieving us from.
My only hope that we’re not sell to buy is him saying in the AGM that we can buy young players for big fees, but have them on lower wages.

Walsh was signing 28+ year olds on big fees and huge wages, meaning we can’t get any fee back on them and no one else wants to pay the wages.

I think Moshiri’s business plan will become clearer in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back