2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be gutted if Brands's answer to replacing Silva ends up being something in the vein of what happened with Allardyce.

I would like to believe that there is at least one person at the club with a serious knowledge of the game.
Brands wouldn’t employ someone like allardyce. If he did, it shows he hasn’t the credentials for the job. I think someone like Cocu would be a more viable alternative.

Spurs players are winding down their contracts

Dembele left for less then he is worth.

Llorente to leave for free at the end of the season.
Alderweireld, Erikson vertongen and jannsen at the end of next season.

They broke the barrier for Kane's wages and have a lot of debt to pay off, could also lose pochetino if they don't give him a warchest in the summer.

Don't think kane will be there for much longer either
Lots of ifs and could there mate. I just know that spurs have been run on a different level altogether since Potch came to the club. Yes the scenarios you refer to might happen, but the way that club is run at present, is how we should aspire to be run as a football club.

Cocu all tho failed in Turkey by all accounts on has a very healthy working relationship with brands..

He'd be the obvious go to guy.

Or Moshiri and Kenwright are meddling again.
Therein lies the problem. Moshiri and kenwright have shown they lack the footballing knowledge to recruit the correct manager. Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and Silva being the perfect examples. Just paying this group their compensation package, has cost the club tens of millions, not withstanding the money wasted in inflated transfer fees and wages. Give brands the control to recruit the manager with the same philosophy as him and hopefully we might just get the right manager in this time.

Brands wouldn’t employ someone like allardyce. If he did, it shows he hasn’t the credentials for the job. I think someone like Cocu would be a more viable alternative.
Even with Allardyce, it was really just a result of no one at the club having any idea where to turn once the approach for Silva failed.

I'm hoping that Brands will at least have a decent selection of contacts.

What do people expect him to say? “Yeah you’ve been crap for decades and your owner is a lunatic with a penchant for crap managers, players and voodoo but I’m sure I can turn it around in 5 minutes”

What do people expect him to say? “Yeah you’ve been crap for decades and your owner is a lunatic with a penchant for crap managers, players and voodoo but I’m sure I can turn it around in 5 minutes”

“When I spoke with him (Moshiri) before I came in, I told him that if you want success next year don’t look for me because I cannot bring that.

“You saw in the past in the Premier League that if you only spend money, that is not the guarantee for success.

“You see the clubs with the long-term strategy. They are in a stable situation. Look at Tottenham, look at Manchester City.

“I think that it is important for Everton to get to a stable situation. With all the changes, it is always difficult for everyone.”

“When I spoke with him (Moshiri) before I came in, I told him that if you want success next year don’t look for me because I cannot bring that.

“You saw in the past in the Premier League that if you only spend money, that is not the guarantee for success.

“You see the clubs with the long-term strategy. They are in a stable situation. Look at Tottenham, look at Manchester City.

“I think that it is important for Everton to get to a stable situation. With all the changes, it is always difficult for everyone.”

Quote or fiction?

I imagine Brands to be sat in a Cyberpunk (bladerunner) type city somewhere in a massive tower looking down upon the mere mortals in their flying cars during a storm.

Silva is several floors below...

Its not his job to coach, train and tell the players tactics, thats kind of the Managers job.

Brands scouts players, buys players, sells players, tells Unsy to stop eating pies, tells Silva hes a clown.

How can you not know this Frank?
yes but he surely buys players that prefer or exceed in playing in a certain way \ philosophy...

what are brands expectations of the way we play?? is zonal marking the way he is thinking when signing players??

it surely makes a huge difference in who you actually are looking to sign..

bit like if our game plan was to lump it in the box , then peter crouch is much more suited than say a jermain defoe…

I'm not too sure mate, the faces on the crowd yesterday, we have loyal fans yes but we live in a very expensive world, the board will never change, mate i don't even watch the games anymore i went to bed for a couple hours before kick off and i can get every live game, there is no soul at this club anymore.
Well the fact that our neighbours are throwing away a league title that was theirs for the taking is easing the pain for me
They are bottling it and doing a slippy G on it again
I agree we are hard to watch at times but I’ve seen a lot worse at Goodison in my 50 yrs supporting the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back