2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underselling his performance at the world cup in fairness to him, he scored in every game that he played in and the only goal Colombia conceded while he was playing was a penalty against England.
Maybe he pulls his tripes out for his country and doesn't stretch himself for the mugs who pay his wages.

Plenty of them about.

Maybe he pulls his tripes out for his country and doesn't stretch himself for the mugs who pay his wages.

Plenty of them about.
I just think the jury's still out on him. He has shown what he is capable of on the biggest stage for Colombia, and put in a handful of solid displays for us against teams like Chelsea and Liverpool. He's been far from convincing but he's still learning the language and coming to speed with the Premier League where he's suffered a couple of injuries that have hampered his playing time.

I just think the jury's still out on him. He has shown what he is capable of on the biggest stage for Colombia, and put in a handful of solid displays for us against teams like Chelsea and Liverpool. He's been far from convincing but he's still learning the language and coming to speed with the Premier League where he's suffered a couple of injuries that have hampered his playing time.
I think Mina will need a summer break , a full preseason and get to know his team mates before we see the best of him
Barca obviously seen something in him as did United

Maybe. But Zouma has been way better and I really dont rate Zouma tbf.

Regards Mina, it currently looks like 27m wasted.

He looks very shaky, very injury prone and from what Silva is saying isnt really focused in training.

But its early days yet, hes hardly played, clearly for the above reasons.

And if Brands can maintain a 90% strike rate regarding signings we wont be going far wrong, compared to Steve Walsh and his 15% strike rate.

Keep plugging away Marcel.

Soon will be your time to shine.

The summer window is going to be like having to go through another season.

One where Marcel is the manager. Wins are buying decent players and selling dross on permanent deals. Draws are loans in or out. Losses are Bolasie Schneiderlin and others still being at Finch Farm after the window closes.

We will probably get relegated

I think Mina will need a summer break , a full preseason and get to know his team mates before we see the best of him
Barca obviously seen something in him as did United

So much about being a centre back is communication with your other defenders (and keeper), forming a solid partnership and having an organised midfield in front of you. The lad doesn't speak English or French - so any interaction on the pitch between him Keane/Pickford/Zouma will have to be very basic - and the lack of shape and organisation in midfield that we've had this season isn't helpful to our back line.
Maybe. But Zouma has been way better and I really dont rate Zouma tbf.

Zouma has been better than Mina (despite not being convincing) but the lad has for more experience of football at the top level (despite being of similar age) and his English is very good so communication is much less of a problem.

Mina's 24 and played the majority of his football in the Colombian league. He shone in Brazil, impressed enough to get a big move to Barca and had a great world cup but the lad has only started 12 games in a top league (8 in the Prem and 4 in La Liga). He is going to need time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back