Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Days, The Mosh does not frig about lids, you fail, your gone, adios Mr Walsh.

This Brands fella is highly regarded, it is a coup to get him.

All the ones you mentioned besides Martina would get a club wiling to take them either on a 'smallish' fee or certainly on loan covering their wages mate. they all have years of experience in this league and the retread British managers simply love a bit of that.
Just look at some of the British dross that moves each summer and you'd see those won't be a problem 'should' we want to get rid of any or all of them.

Klassen IF brands comes in won't be going anywhere, Sandro - who cares he was a cheap punt who didn't work out, shift him on for no loss = nothing lost.
That’s simply if they want to go though, no club is going to pay them the wages they are on here and footballers are in general mercenaries. They’re at the end of their careers, I wouldn’t move so why would they?

Why don’t you think Klaassen would be shipped out? Unless Brands sees him crucial for his footballing style, he’s shown absolutey no value to the club. Not arsed about Sandro, badly gash that bloke, if we recoup then that’s a win.

Respectfully mate, I am going to have to say I don't see any of the above names you mention at Everton. Possibly one.
I fear the football world has seen through all the Moshiri fluff and subsequent Summer transfer failures, along with the on field struggle. We will most probably be rejected by all those names and have to settle once again for the current dross already here, or similar dross with different names.

Edit. I can't tell you ho much it pains me to write this. Fingers crossed I have it all wrong.

I appreciate that mate, and it's all about opinions really isn't it? I am by no means certain of it, and you are correct that Moshiri has undoubtedly lost a lot of respect of recent months. I think his best chance of recouping that, is to have a big overhaul, and signal very clearly to the footballing world he won't accept it again. I think the presence of Allardyce, Kenwright & Elstone at the club will do little for him.

My only hope is Ryanstev (sp) is largely commended for his work, and we need another 1 or 2 in that mould on the board. If we had 3 of him and a guy like Brands I think things would start turning around quite quickly.

You are correct though that nothing is certain. I still think every possibly is available. For me we should be replacing Walsh (AS DOF) Allardyce, Elstone and Kenwright/Woods and getting top quality in. Only if we do this will the club begin to deliver. We may replace none of them and I'd expect us to languish halfway up the league as an also ran if we don't irrespective of who we sign.

I'll always try to be honest and realistic in my appraisals, and it will be hard to be optimistic this summer, but if we begin to see change I think it will be important to try to get on board with that and avoid cynicism.

...as I recall, DCL was a David Unsworth recommendation and Vlasic came on the back of us playing them so I don’t think we can attribute those to Walsh. I’m not entirely sure who we can say he’s effectively acquired other than Gueye. I think he and Koeman have set us a long way back but it will be interesting to see if he still has a role to play.

Unsworth did re DCL but he still got the deal done, Vlasic I'm not sure it was just 1 performance and apparently we'd looked at him for a bit.

Gibson and the lad from Fulham look decent acquisitions to me, and Bowler looks quite promising too. They all seemed like Walsh was heavily involved in those signings. He was also rumoured to like both of the Sessegnon brothers when they were 16, and we tried hard for the City Centre back, Hirst (who we may get this summer) and Brooks from Sheffield United who have all done well.

I look at guys like Ndidi who he brought at Leicester alongside the obvious others he's brought and think he's got a good eye for me. The issue is he hasn't closed enough deals and doesn't see, comfortable at this, or assertive enough to implement his style onto a manager. I don't think he ever would do that either.

For me his best work has been the acquisition of young players and I have no problem in this role, identifying younger players, mainly in this country as he seems to be good at that. Lets have it this way, had we completed on Adeiwairo (sp, the lad from City), Hirst, Brooks, the Sessegnon brothers, to go alongside Bowler, Gibson, Calvert Lewin, Lookman & Vlasic there would be a slightly different conversation regarding Walsh and where his expertise lie.

Unsworth did re DCL but he still got the deal done, Vlasic I'm not sure it was just 1 performance and apparently we'd looked at him for a bit.

Gibson and the lad from Fulham look decent acquisitions to me, and Bowler looks quite promising too. They all seemed like Walsh was heavily involved in those signings. He was also rumoured to like both of the Sessegnon brothers when they were 16, and we tried hard for the City Centre back, Hirst (who we may get this summer) and Brooks from Sheffield United who have all done well.

I look at guys like Ndidi who he brought at Leicester alongside the obvious others he's brought and think he's got a good eye for me. The issue is he hasn't closed enough deals and doesn't see, comfortable at this, or assertive enough to implement his style onto a manager. I don't think he ever would do that either.

For me his best work has been the acquisition of young players and I have no problem in this role, identifying younger players, mainly in this country as he seems to be good at that. Lets have it this way, had we completed on Adeiwairo (sp, the lad from City), Hirst, Brooks, the Sessegnon brothers, to go alongside Bowler, Gibson, Calvert Lewin, Lookman & Vlasic there would be a slightly different conversation regarding Walsh and where his expertise lie.

..that sounds very reasonable. I know he’s established a scouting group (which I think includes Tony Grant) to look at U23 recruitment. It’s a low risk, potential high reward strategy, especially if you add Stones and Holgate to that category. I like the look of Gibson, I presume Adeniran has been injured because I haven’t seen him for a while but it’s a sensible market to exploit.

You do realise he didn't sign ndidi, the majority of signings he made after they won the league are no longer with them because they were utterly [Poor language removed].

The mans a parasite and should be nowhere near our club in any capacity

..i’d take him the World Cup.

Yep ,who are the contenders? Rose who's barely played all season and isn't actually that good imo. Cresswell and chillwell are just OK players. He seems to have the x factor. England should do what Germany did a few world cups ago and just take a totally youthful team and build on the youth success recently.

... But they'll take some terrible players like Hart, Phil jones, Henderson, Welbeck etc as they always do.

That’s simply if they want to go though, no club is going to pay them the wages they are on here and footballers are in general mercenaries. They’re at the end of their careers, I wouldn’t move so why would they?

Why don’t you think Klaassen would be shipped out? Unless Brands sees him crucial for his footballing style, he’s shown absolutey no value to the club. Not arsed about Sandro, badly gash that bloke, if we recoup then that’s a win.

Because mate, you only have to look around the league, and every season veteran players on good wages move clubs, some to play more, some to just get an extra tear or two on a contract.

Jags for example, think he's got next year remaining, on 50k roughly, a team offers him a 2 year deal on 40k pw, he'd take it, because it means should he completely go off the cliff next season he ends up retiring on nothing, he moves this summer he's guaranteed an extra 1.5 million quid.

Same reason a lot of older players move clubs with a year or so remaining.

Especially if by staying you will not play and at that age, a player whose 33/34 and not kicked a ball for a season won't get any offers worthwhile at the end of contract.

Williams sat gets offered a deal for 4 years at Swansea or west ham, even taking a 10-15% hit on his wages would work out financially better for him over his career.

Reported Everton director of football target Marcel Brands on joining Everton: “Saying goodbye to the people at PSV Eindhoven will be the hardest thing for me, but it is correct. The first contact with Everton goes back to 2016.” (Source: Mirror)

Original quote was:

"Saying goodbye to the people at PSV Eindhoven will be the hardest thing for me. It is correct, the first contact with Everton goes back to 2016"

Totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back