Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands to me is the key. He comes, it signals that actual change is going to happen. In fact, hope they don’t fire Sam until he shows us, just to confirm the D of F is actually running the show.

I don’t know a lot about this fella to be honest but I’m slightly concerned that he has been at a club where he is buying players for single figure millions and I imagine that when you are trying to buy players for 20m plus, which seems to be common for premier league teams with all the money they have now, might be a different ball game when it comes to super agents etc. I don’t know just speculating of cause.

No way he’d come. He’s signed on with Raiola who will be flogging him to every champions league club willing to pay him a fat agent fee.

If you beleive the reports, its Raiola we have teemed up with, to help plan our summer tranfers. Brands is also signed with Raiola.

If you beleive the reports, its Raiola we have teemed up with, to help plan our summer tranfers. Brands is also signed with Raiola.

I hope this is real and not yet more smoke and mirrors.

its hard to believe anything reported these days

It's hard to know who he was responsible for at Leicester because he was part of a 4 man scouting set up which I think a lot of people forget. A few of them left in his final season at Leicester and no coincidence they then signed some utter overpriced plop.

Whichever way you slice it he's blown the best part of 300 million on utter gash signings and is living of a reputation of once discovering Zola, despite Zola already being about 40 and not needing to be discovered.

The only way this Rick stein looking fraud should remain here is if his head is put on a spike outside the fanzone for people to dance around

Well we don't know who did what at Leicester but he is said to have been the guy who oversaw scouting.

We've wasted lots of money and I'm certainly not looking to build a case for the defence, just state I don't think he's a DOF but more suited to a scouting role. We've wasted lots of money and Walsh is centrally to blame for that.

..that sounds very reasonable. I know he’s established a scouting group (which I think includes Tony Grant) to look at U23 recruitment. It’s a low risk, potential high reward strategy, especially if you add Stones and Holgate to that category. I like the look of Gibson, I presume Adeniran has been injured because I haven’t seen him for a while but it’s a sensible market to exploit.

I think his scouting group he set up for that age group was very positive, and some of the lads they've brought in, like Gibson look very decent. I think over time they will be seen as positive investments. Again with most things Walsh, I wish we could have closed on more deals, Brooks, Adawairo, Sessegnon x 2 & Hirst could have all been added to Gibson, Adeniran (sp), Markeleno and Bowler as well as Lookman/DCL. The ones we missed out on could have been nought for less than Klaassen cost and all of the young players could have been brought in for less than Sigurdsson!

As you always say, most don't have to come through and be successful, but if 2 or 3 make it then you will have made good on a significant investment. I hope under any new DOF, whether Walsh stays or not, we continue to invest heavily in that area, with that caveat we have a history of giving young players opportunities and aggressively target this area.

Ah, didn’t know Brands was a Raiola man too. Either way, everything I’ve read about Raiola makes me think he’s a greedy slime ball of an agent. My vision could be skewed by the Lukaku ordeal though.

I don’t know a lot about this fella to be honest but I’m slightly concerned that he has been at a club where he is buying players for single figure millions and I imagine that when you are trying to buy players for 20m plus, which seems to be common for premier league teams with all the money they have now, might be a different ball game when it comes to super agents etc. I don’t know just speculating of cause.
you havn't seen the list of players he brought, if PSV had kept all them players they would be one of the best team in europe

I think his scouting group he set up for that age group was very positive, and some of the lads they've brought in, like Gibson look very decent. I think over time they will be seen as positive investments. Again with most things Walsh, I wish we could have closed on more deals, Brooks, Adawairo, Sessegnon x 2 & Hirst could have all been added to Gibson, Adeniran (sp), Markeleno and Bowler as well as Lookman/DCL. The ones we missed out on could have been nought for less than Klaassen cost and all of the young players could have been brought in for less than Sigurdsson!

As you always say, most don't have to come through and be successful, but if 2 or 3 make it then you will have made good on a significant investment. I hope under any new DOF, whether Walsh stays or not, we continue to invest heavily in that area, with that caveat we have a history of giving young players opportunities and aggressively target this area.

..absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back