Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because mate, you only have to look around the league, and every season veteran players on good wages move clubs, some to play more, some to just get an extra tear or two on a contract.

Jags for example, think he's got next year remaining, on 50k roughly, a team offers him a 2 year deal on 40k pw, he'd take it, because it means should he completely go off the cliff next season he ends up retiring on nothing, he moves this summer he's guaranteed an extra 1.5 million quid.

Same reason a lot of older players move clubs with a year or so remaining.

Especially if by staying you will not play and at that age, a player whose 33/34 and not kicked a ball for a season won't get any offers worthwhile at the end of contract.

Williams sat gets offered a deal for 4 years at Swansea or west ham, even taking a 10-15% hit on his wages would work out financially better for him over his career.

I like it mate but you are assuming the players in question have brains and going off the way they play football its highly unlikely.

You do realise he didn't sign ndidi, the majority of signings he made after they won the league are no longer with them because they were utterly [Poor language removed].

The mans a parasite and should be nowhere near our club in any capacity

I though he had identified him mate? Even so, his record at attracting low cost, solid to good PL players, and some young players, mainly from England is very strong.

For me the issues are everything else. He doesn't set or manage budgets. Doesn't close deals. Doesn't seem to manage a squad. Doesn't look to recruit managers or adapt a style. Doesn't exert much authority.

Overall I am not a fan of Steve Walsh as a DOF, and am delighted we are getting Brands in, but I think a fella who has; Kante, Gueye, Vardy, Mahrez, Knockaert, Wood, Lookman on his resume, the majority for under 5 million quid clearly has some aptitude for scouting decent players and it might be able to be effectively utilised under a better structure with more focussed objectives given to him.

Original quote was:

"Saying goodbye to the people at PSV Eindhoven will be the hardest thing for me. It is correct, the first contact with Everton goes back to 2016"

Totally different.
Just reread it and your right, only new quotes are about the manager

I though he had identified him mate? Even so, his record at attracting low cost, solid to good PL players, and some young players, mainly from England is very strong.

For me the issues are everything else. He doesn't set or manage budgets. Doesn't close deals. Doesn't seem to manage a squad. Doesn't look to recruit managers or adapt a style. Doesn't exert much authority.

Overall I am not a fan of Steve Walsh as a DOF, and am delighted we are getting Brands in, but I think a fella who has; Kante, Gueye, Vardy, Mahrez, Knockaert, Wood, Lookman on his resume, the majority for under 5 million quid clearly has some aptitude for scouting decent players and it might be able to be effectively utilised under a better structure with more focussed objectives given to him.
It's hard to know who he was responsible for at Leicester because he was part of a 4 man scouting set up which I think a lot of people forget. A few of them left in his final season at Leicester and no coincidence they then signed some utter overpriced plop.

Whichever way you slice it he's blown the best part of 300 million on utter gash signings and is living of a reputation of once discovering Zola, despite Zola already being about 40 and not needing to be discovered.

The only way this Rick stein looking fraud should remain here is if his head is put on a spike outside the fanzone for people to dance around

Because mate, you only have to look around the league, and every season veteran players on good wages move clubs, some to play more, some to just get an extra tear or two on a contract.

Jags for example, think he's got next year remaining, on 50k roughly, a team offers him a 2 year deal on 40k pw, he'd take it, because it means should he completely go off the cliff next season he ends up retiring on nothing, he moves this summer he's guaranteed an extra 1.5 million quid.

Same reason a lot of older players move clubs with a year or so remaining.

Especially if by staying you will not play and at that age, a player whose 33/34 and not kicked a ball for a season won't get any offers worthwhile at the end of contract.

Williams sat gets offered a deal for 4 years at Swansea or west ham, even taking a 10-15% hit on his wages would work out financially better for him over his career.
Yeah fair point, maybe I’m underestimating the stupidity of clubs, I’m sure Swansea would take Williams just as we took Rooney (with Williams being a lot worse).

Maybe some of the more professional ones would take a drop to the championship at a push. Fact is this bloke has got a big job on his hands and what we get rid of is arguably as important as what we sign.

Yeah fair point, maybe I’m underestimating the stupidity of clubs, I’m sure Swansea would take Williams just as we took Rooney (with Williams being a lot worse).

Maybe some of the more professional ones would take a drop to the championship at a push. Fact is this bloke has got a big job on his hands and what we get rid of is arguably as important as what we sign.

As an example, IF say Moyes got kept on by West Ham or hired on the back of what he did there by another team, any of his former players - even ones well over the hill, he'd be tempted to bring in - even if for no more than having someone in the dressing room whose experienced and got his back so to speak.

We need to get rid of a hell of a lot this summer, which is why i'd 'hope' that some we brought in who haven't had much chance and have been written off by people inside the cluib by the looks - then a new manager change could see them getting a proper chance - in a team which actually has some form of system in place (Klassen, Vlasic, Lookman), ones who where brought in who won't fit the system - then just get shut rather than trying to make a square peg fit a round hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back