Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is it confirmed that Brands is ours? And will he be able to work with Allardyce?
As far as I know it hasn’t been confirmed and I doubt very much if his and FSA ‘s footballing philosophy are a match.
I can’t see FSA sitting down with pints of wine and buckets of gravy and discussing the differences between Johann Cryuff’s total football philosophy and Pep Guardiola’s pressimg , possession based attacking football with Marcel Brands

To be fair I think a half-dead rabid dog would do a better job than Walsh.
More utter nonsense - the irrational witch hunt continues

Replace premier league winning, life time of experience in the English league Walsh with Brands who's spent his whole life in the Eridivise - why would you do it? Surely not just because Brands is better looking?

Brands is on record not too long ago saying what a top player Davy Klaassen is. What relevant frame of reference is this guy going to have to spot premier league level talent better than Walsh could?

What does Moshiri know about him?

I have to say Moshiri is a worry - he's an accountant - not convinced he's a great strategist. He's said some pretty bizarre things in interviews - if these things reflect his general judgment, it's certainly a worry

I think he's looking to pick people on how good looking they are - I'm pretty sure this is the basis for the witch hunt of competent but fish faced Allardyce, calling for replacement by the younger, better looking, mediterranean Fonesca, who has next to no top level experience and is a punt at best. All very bizarre

Replace premier league winning, life time of experience in the English league Walsh with Brands who's spent his whole life in the Eridivise - why would you do it? Surely not just because Brands is better looking?

Brands is on record not too long ago saying what a top player Davy Klaassen is. What relevant frame of reference is this guy going to have to spot premier league level talent better than Walsh could?

I have to say Moshiri is a worry - he's an accountant - not convinced he's a great strategist. He's said some pretty bizarre things in interviews - if these things reflect his general judgment, it's certainly a worry

I think he's looking to pick people on how good looking they are - I'm pretty sure this is the basis for the witch hunt of competent but fish faced Allardyce, calling for replacement by the younger, better looking, mediterranean Fonesca, who has next to no top level experience and is a punt at best. All very bizarre
I assume Moshiri has advisors in the football world and is not making these calls himself.

Can someone tell me ... Sam goes at the end of the season and takes all his staff with him. When the new manager comes in, does someone give him a sheet of paper which lists all the shoitte players he needs to get rid of? or, and here is the serious bit, are we condemned to wait until October before he finds out for himself that Rooney is finished, Davies, Cuco, Niasse. Bolassie and six or seven others are not good enough for the PL?
A new manager from outside the PL would know very little about a lot pf our players. Would Ferguson be reliable as an advisor on current squad?

a-young-sam-allardyce-looking-like-harry-styles_o_4156127.jpg

Firstly, Walsh was never really a scout, he sat as head of a transfer team made up of a domestic scout, international scout, and a data/stats guy. They would report back to him and he signed off on the deals, this is fairly common knowledge yet he gets the credit for finding Vardy, Kante, and Marhez etc when it's not actually the case. Marcel Brands is one of most highly regarded DOF in the modern game, and if you look he has signed/found some pretty good players over the years. PSV are not a wealthy club, their model is based on buying and selling to keep the club afloat. Also prior to coming here Walsh had never done this job before, whereas Brands has done it for years, i know i would rather have someone with experience doing it, also Walsh did'nt do himself any favours last summer let's be honest now.

I was clearly being sarcastic, we all know that a half-dead rabid dog would struggle to meet the basic job requirements. However, I do believe half-dead rabid dogs are exempt from the minimum wage, so we'd save a few quid on wages.

For about the one millionth time....

What Walsh did at Leicester means absolutely zero to us. He can only be judged on what he has done here and he has made one of the most expensive messes in the history of football. No speed, no blend, no athleticism, no balance, no quality, no goals.

I don't care if he found Zola, Drogba, Vardy, or America before Columbus. It's all utterly irrelevant to Everton. If I do a disgraceful job at work, they are not going to take it well if I tell them to wind their neck in because I was class in my last job and that's all that matters.

Can someone tell me ... Sam goes at the end of the season and takes all his staff with him. When the new manager comes in, does someone give him a sheet of paper which lists all the shoitte players he needs to get rid of? or, and here is the serious bit, are we condemned to wait until October before he finds out for himself that Rooney is finished, Davies, Cuco, Niasse. Bolassie and six or seven others are not good enough for the PL?
A new manager from outside the PL would know very little about a lot pf our players. Would Ferguson be reliable as an advisor on current squad?

Wut? Davies is 19 years old and has had to play under three different managers. Give him a break for Christ's sake.

I was clearly being sarcastic, we all know that a half-dead rabid dog would struggle to meet the basic job requirements. However, I do believe half-dead rabid dogs are exempt from the minimum wage, so we'd save a few quid on wages.

Surely not, in fact a fully dead rabid dog would indeed be better......

WUM....well I hope you enjoyed you short stay... as if I could be bothered to go on another teams forum and wind them up, got far to much to do

For about the one millionth time....

What Walsh did at Leicester means absolutely zero to us. He can only be judged on what he has done here and he has made one of the most expensive messes in the history of football. No speed, no blend, no athleticism, no balance, no quality, no goals.

I don't care if he found Zola, Drogba, Vardy, or America before Columbus. It's all utterly irrelevant to Everton. If I do a disgraceful job at work, they are not going to take it well if I tell them to wind their neck in because I was class in my last job and that's all that matters.
THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back