Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feel its a bit of a bad time to appoint a new DOF, obviously we want him for a reason and we will give him a crack. Remember when we appointed Walsh in the summer and it seemed to stilt our activity that summer, i am not just thinking of signings i am also thinking of selling players as we clearly need to rationalise and make space in the squad and i assume the wage bill.

Part of me hopes Walsh stays for that reason or the roles could dove tail in a system.

Marcel Brands decision ‘within a week’ on joining Everton, Walsh & Allardyce fearing exit
By Sport Witness Team -

26th April 2018

De Telegraaf are the Dutch newspaper who launched Marcel Brands to Everton, also doing similar with the PSV man to Chelsea, and seem to have a direct line of communication with the director of football.

In their Thursday edition it’s reported Brands still hasn’t decided if he’s going to accept an offer De Telegraaf say is on the table from Everton.

It’s stated: ‘Marcel Brands expects to decide within a week whether he will accept Everton’s offer to become ‘director of football’. The technical manager of PSV says that he still has to make the decision and does not want to wait too long.’

Whilst De Telegraaf believe that ‘in England’ it’s already assumed Brands will arrive on Merseyside, Everton haven’t yet contacted PSV to sort a deal out. But then there would be little point in doing that if Brands isn’t absolutely sure.

Steve Walsh is ‘already fearing a departure’, which goes against other claims from the same newspaper that the former Leicester City man would simply take up a different role.
It’s fair to say Walsh and the Dutch media have some history, with Ronald Koeman feeling let down during the summer window, and that he paid for it rather than Everton’s appointed transfer guru.

Ronald Koeman wrote a regular column for De Telegraaf until recently, giving it up when he became Netherlands manager.

Sam Allardyce is also said to fear for his future, but that claim is based upon the questionnaire, reporting of which has spread around the world.

Farhad Moshiri believes Brands is the ‘ideal’ man to take Everton upwards again, claim the Dutch newspaper.

I other words "I will announce I am joining when Walsh is officially gone".

Or something.

Anyone else feel its a bit of a bad time to appoint a new DOF, obviously we want him for a reason and we will give him a crack. Remember when we appointed Walsh in the summer and it seemed to stilt our activity that summer, i am not just thinking of signings i am also thinking of selling players as we clearly need to rationalise and make space in the squad and i assume the wage bill.

Part of me hopes Walsh stays for that reason or the roles could dove tail in a system.
I think the sooner the better! Walsh can stay as Brands head scout, which is all he ever was anyway ;) and report to Brands who makes the final decision. Don’t think it will take him too much time to figure out the dross in the squad :cheers:

Atletico Madrid - No.
Real Madrid - No.
Barcelona - No.
Valencia - No.

The rest couldn`t afford his wages.
Malaga CF: Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Abdullah Al Ahmed Al Thani
Net Worth (Approx)

1. Unsure but most likely around Sheikh Mansour's amount considering his status as a member of the Qatari royal family.

Malaga's new owner bought the club back in 2010. He has splashed the cash a good many times since gaining ownership.
  2. 2. Deportivo La Coruna: Amancio Ortega
    Net Worth (Approx):
    $31 Billion

1 of 20

1. Net Worth (Approx)

Unsure but most likely around Sheikh Mansour's amount considering his status as a member of the Qatari royal family.

Malaga's new owner bought the club back in 2010. He has splashed the cash a good many times since gaining ownership.

You have anything positive about Everton mate? It’s like... you like arguing

1 of 20

1. Net Worth (Approx)

Unsure but most likely around Sheikh Mansour's amount considering his status as a member of the Qatari royal family.

You do realise that they are bottom of la Liga on 20 points and are going to get relegated.

Next :coffee:

You do realise that they are bottom of la Liga on 20 points and are going to get relegated.

Next :coffee:
Thought we were talking about who could pay his wages,not where he might or might not want to go.Gather splinters on our bench or play in the sun in La Segunda on top money,difficult one.

Thought we were talking about who could pay his wages,not where he might or might not want to go.Gather splinters on our bench or play in the sun in La Segunda on top money,difficult one.

Do your homework mate.

He may be rich, but Malaga don`t buy big or pay big wages, they have Isaac Success on loan from Watford as a centre forward FFS.

I think the big clue, is that they`re about to get relegated.

Must try harder x

Net Worth (Approx)

1. Unsure but most likely around Sheikh Mansour's amount considering his status as a member of the Qatari royal family.

2. 2. Deportivo La Coruna: Amancio Ortega
    Net Worth (Approx):
    $31 Billion

A team who are already relegated and gave us the diabolical Sandro Ramirez? A team who sell everyone on the cheap to stay afloat?

Do your homework mate.

He may be rich, but Malaga don`t buy big or pay big wages, they have Isaac Success on loan from Watford as a centre forward FFS.

I think the big clue, is that they`re about to get relegated.

Must try harder x
You should have told me it was a competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back