Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feel its a bit of a bad time to appoint a new DOF, obviously we want him for a reason and we will give him a crack. Remember when we appointed Walsh in the summer and it seemed to stilt our activity that summer, i am not just thinking of signings i am also thinking of selling players as we clearly need to rationalise and make space in the squad and i assume the wage bill.

Part of me hopes Walsh stays for that reason or the roles could dove tail in a system.

It's far from an ideal time but I would prefer we made the necessary changes come what may rather than sticking with failures.

If there are as many changes as we think then we can expect another bumpy ride next season as it simply will be very difficult to progress whilst so many new people get to know the club and each other.

It looks like circumstances and timing are aligning such that we could have close to a clean sweep of senior positions. It would actually be much tougher to have to cope with that if we were succcessful and had to break up a good unit/team.

We simply can't go on as we are any longer with some of the same old tired faces and ways of doing things that have been proven beyond doubt that don't work.

I think the sooner the better! Walsh can stay as Brands head scout, which is all he ever was anyway ;) and report to Brands who makes the final decision. Don’t think it will take him too much time to figure out the dross in the squad :cheers:
Here's a better idea. Fire Walsh out of a cannon right now. If it's takes yet another new face to come in and realise this chancer shouldn't even be trusted with the petty cash tin, we've got serious problems.

Get rid now, start again.

But this is Everton......

I think this is where we need to be looking regarding what will happen to the club next season.
I think that if Brands does come then the decision making at Everton falls into a completely new pair of hands... wherever that brings us.

The trick is, knowing when to stop digging.
You stated nobody else in Spain could afford his wages,I just pointed out that monetarily at least two clubs can.How that's digging a hole is a bit of a stretch,but if it keeps you happy,fine.

I think this is where we need to be looking regarding what will happen to the club next season.
I think that if Brands does come then the decision making at Everton falls into a completely new pair of hands... wherever that brings us.
Not unless they've changed the mechanism by which transfers are done. Bfs would still be a part of it just the other half of the equation would change.

Here's a better idea. Fire Walsh out of a cannon right now. If it's takes yet another new face to come in and realise this chancer shouldn't even be trusted with the petty cash tin, we've got serious problems.

Get rid now, start again.

But this is Everton......
Definitely should never have given a scout as much power as he had. He’s probably always just reported to the manager then comes here an we give him power over the manager............Everton :cheers:
Hopefully leaves but this is Everton so the best we can probably hope for is for him to be demoted and report to Brands (fingers crossed) with his findings but have no say or power over any decisions ;) .....but..........Everton :cheers: so we’ll probably stick with BFS and Walsh lol

In theory I think a strong DoF presents the manager with a selection of players that he thinks represent the best value and suitability for the club. The manager picks the one he wants of that list.
Since theDoF works to the long term style of the club the question becomes if Allardyce remains will he set the style of play and recruitment beyond his tenure?

In theory I think a strong DoF presents the manager with a selection of players that he thinks represent the best value and suitability for the club. The manager picks the one he wants of that list.
Since theDoF works to the long term style of the club the question becomes if Allardyce remains will he set the style of play and recruitment beyond his tenure?

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back