Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking it was a Brands LVG comeback.

Hugely unlikely of course. Just my brain working.
I thought that too initially but when I looked at the quotes, I just can't see LVG thinking of Everton as an offer he can't turn down, not in our current state. Guess we'll see in a few weeks

I think Walsh joined in July though. If we can tie something up as soon as the season ends or even sooner then the problem could be avoided.

I hope you are right mate, i think Walsh gets a bit of a raw deal and i think his role is different from just judging him on ins. Hes put many of pur assets to work in terms of loans and moved some high earning players on for decent fees. I presume existing contacts, relationships and profiles in the British game come into play there.

If the club appoint Brands that is grand, but he is moving in all honestly do a different tier of football, in a different country at a different club with different needs and wants, i would presume it will take him time to build his system, contacts, profiles and roles and react to different demands.

I have no problem with Walsh or Brands to be honest, just highlighting that whatever way it goes its not a quick fix and a long term game that could impact.

I hope you are right mate, i think Walsh gets a bit of a raw deal and i think his role is different from just judging him on ins. Hes put many of pur assets to work in terms of loans and moved some high earning players on for decent fees. I presume existing contacts, relationships and profiles in the British game come into play there.

If the club appoint Brands that is grand, but he is moving in all honestly do a different tier of football, in a different country at a different club with different needs and wants, i would presume it will take him time to build his system, contacts, profiles and roles and react to different demands.

I have no problem with Walsh or Brands to be honest, just highlighting that whatever way it goes its not a quick fix and a long term game that could impact.
Deffo. I don’t think it was Walsh’s fault that he’s been appointed to a role beyond his capabilities and he’d be much more comfortable as a scout.

Re Brands yes I agree although Monchi is showing that it’s possible to adapt quickly to a different environment

Kids these days. Can't be bothered to do any work, like everything handed on a plate. Some people like a challenge
Christ, please don't start me on that! I work part-time in a Hospital in the Physiology department and part-time as a lab tech in the local university in the Sport Science department, my job at uni is supposed to be thinking up new experiments and helping students with them, but most of the time i seem to spend it in the library with them showing them how to write lab reports because they are all too lazy to turn up to lectures to find out how to do it for themselves or sitting there answering questions they have asked me three or four times before and just forgotten because they are too drunk from the night before.

Yes but he won’t spend it on the football team , I think that’s fairly obvious from their current predicament
Just think he's realised they are rubbish a little too late. I'd imagine his Royal ego will prompt him to check his pockets next season and you never know signing an Argentine international might ease his conscience.

They could afford it but obviously are not willing to pay it.
I could afford pay 300 Euro for a meal for 2 , but I’m not willing to.
Therefore the meal does not get bought
You never know Simeone might fancy him,the level of central defenders in Spain isn't that high and the do love a nutter like Pepe.

Every story you read seems to have it as a given at this point that this guy is coming in the summer. Its huge if he does. Not a chance Sam is staying if Brands really is coming in.

Every story you read seems to have it as a given at this point that this guy is coming in the summer. Its huge if he does. Not a chance Sam is staying if Brands really is coming in.

I do think Allardyce will leave, but we can’t be sure what Brands would think. I tended to think Brands In = Allardyce out also, but not so sure now.

In an environment where we also have a new CEO, he could well think he needs a year to have a proper look at the club and leave a manager in place who only has a year left to run anyway, there whilst he does it.

I do think Allardyce will leave, but we can’t be sure what Brands would think. I tended to think Brands In = Allardyce out also, but not so sure now.

In an environment where we also have a new CEO, he could well think he needs a year to have a proper look at the club and leave a manager in place who only has a year left to run anyway, there whilst he does it.

See the logic but don’t think it’ll be the case.

A DoF is supposed to set the overarching dogma for the club, and sign players to fit said philosophy and tactics. The two just wouldn’t mesh as far as I can tell, and with someone like Silva available on a free, would make far more sense to pair those two up.

If he's mates with riola or whatever his name is... that's pretty much all the contacts you need tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back