2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what mate? Just enjoy yourself

I'll just close on this, it's very dangerous to put people on a pedestal, because if they ever falter it'll hurt you even more

And with that, I'll leave the thread

i had my fill of cults during the Martinez Era

It's gonna get boring if we get this everytime you enter and leave a thread. You understand you don't need to announce it on an internet forum don't you Mikey?

Aston villa

Newcastle will buy anyone

Any Greek club

And Belgium club

Any Turkish club

I don’t care about the fee just get rid

Nobody cares about the fee, I doubt Villa have any interest in either, hopefully Steve Bruce likes them both, the other clubs couldnt pay their wages for a month.

The agents of the crap players we can't get rid of (Mirallas, Bolasie, Niasse etc) are either terrible or brilliant. They are equally to blame if they can't promote their players well enough tofind a club that will pay £50k and take them for £5m - that's all we're looking for i think? They have to convince them that a wage cut is the only way to get out, and if that's not happening then obviously the players don't care - they're happy to be faff around on higher wages and not play.

Equally they might be brilliant - keeping them on relatively high wages and making sure their mediocre clients are being well paid, and looked after, realising maybe that Everton is as good as it gets in wages and profile.

Can't blame Brands entirely for not getting rid of deadwood.

Some kopite style blind faith going on in here.

He did well last summer no denying that but as it stands our squad is weaker and we have a month to sort it.

@davek I agree that the following players shouldnt be too hard selling:

Robinson
Pennington
Connolly
Baningime
Williams

These ones we can extract a proft for:

Lookman
Onyekuru
Besic

However these ones, who would take them with the wages they are on?

Schneiderlin
Walcott
Martina
Bolasie
Mirallas
Tarashaj

Add to this;

McCarthy has 1 year left and is always injured

Niasse has 1 year left on his contract and is just a bizarre footballer

Tosun we would need to sell for around £20mil just to break even on his book value, otherwise ww would take a loss on his sale which limits our buying power per FFP.

Which of these players specifically do you think I'm wrong on + which do you agree with?
I simply dont accept that it's a fait accompli when a player is on a high wage that you cant shift them out. It's an absurd position. Cleverley was on £50K pw at Everton and had three years to run on th 5 year contract he signed. We shifted him to Watford for £8M.

If Brands is the DoF he's cracked up to be, he matches work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back