Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, it’s easier said than done, very easy. My problem is I don’t want us to be stuck in a monotonous circle of 8th, 7th, etc for years on end , I want us to be significant in the years to come not an after thought like so many years gone by.

I hear what the likes of the CEO says such as “we are planning for Champions League” and so on. That’s great and I realise things take time but within that time you want to see the progress , substantial progress, the latter stages of the season showed glimpses of that with some of the results. This coming season is a big one, the new DOF and manager have had a year to settle in, now let’s see where we go.

The window hasn’t closed of course, so far it’s been a little underwhelming and again it’s being left to the very late stages of the window. Why? Know what I mean? Of course we could have some good signings lined up, I hope so as it feels a little flat at the moment.

It does feel flat but I think that is mainly due to the calibre of player we are attempting to get. We will be underdogs to get these players once the likes of Arsenal and any better foriegn club show interest. We have to keep plugging away at these better calibre players and with fingers crossed hope we get one or two but it is a hard ask. Intentions are right though.

It does feel flat but I think that is mainly due to the calibre of player we are attempting to get. We will be underdogs to get these players once the likes of Arsenal and any better foriegn club show interest. We have to keep plugging away at these better calibre players and with fingers crossed hope we get one or two but it is a hard ask. Intentions are right though.
we have no idea of who we are attempting to get. every player linked to fill the space in the papers over the summer has been shot down

I would be happy with 2 permanent + 2 loans, we absolutely must get a striker in do or die.

CB / CM / RM / F.

Need RB cover but you wonder how the funds will stretch, I wouldn't like us to lose out elsewhere.

With the confirmed outgoings, I wouldn't expect us to need to wait till TDD for any permanent signings, but we may be biting our fingernails on August 8th for a couple of loans.

Not ideal at all, but chickens are coming home to roost as a consequence of the disaster experienced under Jug Head and Walsh.

Only just reading these reports of Zaha being linked again - once again by Jim White.

We all know who his source is.

Brands' job being made nearly impossible by that clueless idiot above him playing some sort of fantasy championship manager.

It could be Mosh, it could be true, it could be Usanamov winding up Arsenal. Wouldn't mind Zaha though....front three Bernard,Richarlison,Zaha would be a lot of fun.

It could be Mosh, it could be true, it could be Usanamov winding up Arsenal. Wouldn't mind Zaha though....front three Bernard,Richarlison,Zaha would be a lot of fun.

Oh it would be a fantastic signing. But brands has a job and clearly has certain low cost players in mind. His boss coming out every so often linking us to the likes of Zaha and Costa won't be making his job easier. And I think it makes the club look amateurish as well.

Obviously there's still time but I'd been hoping that we'd be in a better situation than this with just 2 weeks of the window left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back