Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next immediate task must be reducing 500/wk wages before the international transfer ends.

Mirallas
Bolasie
Sandro
Niasse
Tosun
Schneiderlin

Make it happen. We’re looking at 25m in wages per season down the drain.

Would seem Snides is staying, Sandro has gone, as for the rest and plus Martina :

Mirallas 70k
Bolaise 80k
Niasse 50k
Tosun 80k
Martina 40k
Henry 25k

345k per week = 17m

Can we *gulp* afford to lose both Tosun and Niasse tho?

The whole hysteria was fueled by Sky Sports and also The Echo played a part, pushing it and pushing it, Everton have bid this, Palace want this, Everton made 1 statement, it said we bid once and that was the end of it, everything else was just media frenzy fuelled by sources that people need to be ignoring.

Brands will tell teams how much he thinks their player is worth, take it or leave it, a very, very refreshing approach and 1 that im confident will benefit us greatly in the long run.

We released/sold/loaned 17 players this window, with potentially 3 or 4 more to go out the door, we bought Gomes with Solanke money, Kean for Bolaise money. We didnt overpay for Zaha, a potentially very good player, but never a player worth the amount required, we didnt get lumped with an aging injury prone Rojo, ok we took a gamble on Delph, but 8m is utter peanuts, we signed the boy Gbamin, who ive got big hopes for and Iwobi, who is either the best thing ever or utter garbo depending on which Arsenal fan you speak to.

Im very pleased with our business, we got rid of some utter tosh, we bought some potential ballers and we did it without breaking the bank or in Zahas case, destroying our wage structure.

Its not the quick fix everybody wanted, but this whole process was always going to take 5 or 6 windows. I look at the progress we have made in just 12months and its chalk and cheese to everything thats gone before. But hey ho, people only want to take away the negatives and sadly the headline is "Everton didnt sign Zaha or a CB".
D'you think the hysteria was fuelled on here too - with all the Brandalf thing and stuff? :coffee:

Would seem Snides is staying, Sandro has gone, as for the rest and plus Martina :

Mirallas 70k
Bolaise 80k
Niasse 50k
Tosun 80k
Martina 40k
Henry 25k

345k per week = 17m

I'd keep tosun until January. Once palace and Newcastle realise they are scrapping for survival they will be fighting each other for him.

Mirallas 70k
Bolaise 80k
Niasse 50k
Tosun 80k
Martina 40k
Henry 25k

345k per week = 17m

I’d rather get rid of both and play our kids. What’s the harm of having kids as backup when we’ve already had a 20 years old leading the front for 2 season?

I think you and others on here take things too seriously sometimes. Throwing 80mil at zaha would've made brands wreckless, not a good DoF.

I wasn't saying we should sign Zaha for that price. I thought £65M was good enough and if Palace had any sense they'd have sold.

Jimmy its like speaking to 5 year olds.

They just are incapable of analysing past results, perfomances and the likely future ones.
They don't reason, debate, rationalise.

'Wait and see', `We tried to get a centre half but wasnt to be', `Who knows', `Holgate will improve', `Mina will be fine', `Wait and see if anyone gets injured', `Kean WILL improve us'. `Gbamin replaces Gueye so 9/10'.

Its so childish. No proper analysis. No detailed description or understanding why we are left in a ridiculously perilous state in central defence despite mammoth investment in wages/players the last few years.

Why are attacking hopes are pinned on a 19 year old. NINETEEN.

It seems the bulk of fans are fine with 8th place each year and an early exit in the cups.

I witnessed our greatest years in the 80's. The culture of the place was so different, even in 80/81/82 when we were gash.

There was expectation that every player was capable of competing at the highest level of the division. Mediocraty was not acceptable. That was why we had such a rich history of success.

That culture has dissapated.

I am lucky to have had some great times, I would love the young evertonians starved of success to witness something similar but I am just not seeing anything that makes that likely other than an owner (clueless about footballing matters) giving us a chance by pumping fortunes in.
Yeah who’d have thought a gathering of people on a large discussion forum would have differing opinions eh?

I’d rather get rid of both and play our kids. What’s the harm of having kids as backup when we’ve already had a 20 years old leading the front for 2 season?

...from reports, it sounds like Niasse is Turkey bound. I can’t see any of the kids stepping up, certainly not as a central striker.

...from reports, it sounds like Niasse is Turkey bound. I can’t see any of the kids stepping up, certainly not as a central striker.

Dcl, not that he is good but Niasse and Tosun will never get a game as long as Dcl is around so it make sense to get rid.

I wasn't saying we should sign Zaha for that price. I thought £65M was good enough and if Palace had any sense they'd have sold.
That is why people rate brands, though. He has not (yet) overpaid for a player. If anything, he has surprised people with just how low we've secured our signings for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back