Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truthfully I’m not sure the loan willl have helped him much in that regard. I don’t know if you saw him much at WBA but I did, and he was playing very much as an attacking full back for them. Much more in the baines/Digne style of full back play than the sort of hibbert type role that could be adapted to centre half.

That’s not to say he can’t improve or be good though, just that I don’t think any improvement in his centre half play will be attributable to his loan spell.

I guess the only positive with Mason now is that he can 100% focus on CB. He knows he won’t be playing full back this season, so every minute of his coaching will be as a CB.
By the season end, or even January we will know if he’s good enough or not.

This fella is former PSV, Brands would have signed him before..
I appreciate you can’t reveal your sources and we don’t want West Ham swooping in, JUST GIVE US A SIGN

I dont have any info on individuals. I was just told that the matter is still seen as 'resolvable'.

Makes sense really. Best getting in a back-up CB in anticiaption of injuries and suspensions that will leave us way short.

Yeah, hes snubbing the brown envelope culture.

Comically in 12months hes signed 14 players and sold 38, yet Dave, 74 from just outside Leigh says he doesnt know how to deal with Agents.

'kin bromance you have going with that jug-eared get is embarrassing.

Obviously the lack of CB is a blemish however we have had an excellent window for a net spend of 28 mil or so.

Plenty of money in the kitty and leaves room for January reenforcments and I hazard a guess the wage bill reduced as well
Think our net spend will reduce further when Henry joins Monaco.

I dont have any info on individuals. I was just told that the matter is still seen as 'resolvable'.

Makes sense really. Best getting in a back-up CB in anticiaption of injuries and suspensions that will leave us way short.
What is worrying is that he has been bought for a total of 225k in his entire career.

If we can’t get a work permit and all the indications are we can’t, he will be sold.

No harm loaning him out till January and see what happens.

Pace power dribbling and finishing is what we need and exactly what we will be looking for if we sell him. Reinvesting in such quality will cost 30m and above in the current market. No need to sell.

No harm loaning him out till January and see what happens.

Pace power dribbling and finishing is what we need and exactly what we will be looking for if we sell him. Reinvesting in such quality will cost 30m and above in the current market. No need to sell.
I don’t know why he can’t get a work permit as I’d like to see what’s he like, but it looks like he’ll be sold because of permit issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back