Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MarcelsGoat
Wether you want to believe it or not Brands messed up big time at the end of the window
He got Lössl on a free to allow country roads out on loan good
He signed Gomes good
He signed Delph for the price Good
He signed Ganas replacement Gbamin good
He signed Kean the striker we needed good
He failed miserably to sign a CB
All his hopes pinned on Zouma or Tomori on loan
Arsenal signing Luiz blindsided him and he had no plan B
He should have had better options
He could have signed Luiz by offering more money and a signing on bonus
As for Zaha he should have had plan B but obviously thought he would get the deal done.
Iwobi despite what Silva said was plan F or G and not the left footed right winger Silva asked for
There were plenty of options available but he was too stubborn to go there
I know it’s about getting the right players for the system but if Zaha and Doucoure were not available he should have other options lined up
Rugani was available as was Umtiti even on loan
Going for the 6th choice CB from United stinks of desperation
The CB from PSV is available on a free and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the last resort
A good start for Brands but a dreadful finish and Silva has rightfully called him out on it

@MarcelsGoat
Wether you want to believe it or not Brands messed up big time at the end of the window
He signed Gomes good
As for Zaha he should have had plan B but obviously thought he would get the deal done.
Iwobi despite what Silva said was plan F or G and not the left footed right winger Silva asked for
I know it’s about getting the right players for the system but if Zaha and Doucoure were not available he should have other options lined up
The CB from PSV is available on a free and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the last resort
A good start for Brands but a dreadful finish and Silva has rightfully called him out on it

I think part of the issue re Zaha was he was not even plan A (I sense Malcolm/Neres were). I also think, in truth we'd have been better prioritising a defender over a winger. Our options are better in wide positions and there's more flexibility available (Kean can lay out there for example).

I actually think whatever number he was Iwobi will prove a smart signing. A CB should have been the number 1 priority as the window ended though.

Marcel negotiating for Donkey 1 at palace
giphy.gif

I think part of the issue re Zaha was he was not even plan A (I sense Malcolm/Neres were). I also think, in truth we'd have been better prioritising a defender over a winger. Our options are better in wide positions and there's more flexibility available (Kean can lay out there for example).

I actually think whatever number he was Iwobi will prove a smart signing. A CB should have been the number 1 priority as the window ended though.

I don't think there's anything to suggest we were in for Neres or Malcom. The only wide men we were strongly linked with were homegrown qualified players.

@MarcelsGoat
He signed Gomes good
@MarcelsGoat is not available atm, he's measuring Brands up for his new Hugo Boss suit.

@MarcelsGoat
He signed Gomes good

All I see is 5 players good then loads of utter tosh about a CB.

You, Dave and his merrymen can talk about a CB all season for all I care bro, me im just gonna watch the team Marcel built.

@MarcelsGoat
He signed Gomes good
You literally have no idea what his plans a b c d to z are. You've no idea why we haven't ended up with a centre back. It could be brands fault or it could be a host of other reasons. Maybe a b and c fell through and he and Silva decided d wasn't worth it. But who knows. Pure speculation.
One of the really good things about brands regime (apart from some great signings) is how tight lipped we are around transfers. The offshoot of that is we have silly posts like this constantly.

You literally have no idea what his plans a b c d to z are. You've no idea why we haven't ended up with a centre back. It could be brands fault or it could be a host of other reasons. Maybe a b and c fell through and he and Silva decided d wasn't worth it. But who knows. Pure speculation.
One of the really good things about brands regime (apart from some great signings) is how tight lipped we are around transfers. The offshoot of that is we have silly posts like this constantly.

Everybodys a DoF, until a real DoF walks into the room.

@MarcelsGoat
He signed Gomes good

I can try and help you with your summary on CBs...Plan A =Zouma Plan B =Tomori Plan C= Smalling Plan D =Rojo so he did have plans in place.
Where we ever linked with Rugani or Umtiti? Does Silva like them? Did Silva want them? We can throw in any old names but the important factor is if Brands/Silva wanted them.

I can try and help you with your summary on CBs...Plan A =Zouma Plan B =Tomori Plan C= Smalling Plan D =Rojo so he did have plans in place.
Where we ever linked with Rugani or Umtiti? Does Silva like them? Did Silva want them? We can throw in any old names but the important factor is if Brands/Silva wanted them.
Its based on media reports that Barca were looking to offload Umtiti, people have sadly bought into the media frenzy this window, so are having a hard time separating reality from the narrative Sky fed them with.

None of these people deserve to watch Luca Digne or Mo Keggers play footy.

Its based on media reports that Barca were looking to offload Umtiti, people have sadly bought into the media frenzy this window, so are having a hard time separating reality from the narrative Sky fed them with.

None of these people deserve to watch Luca Digne or Mo Keggers play footy.

The squad has improved window on window under Brands after 5 years of torrid recruitment prior to his arrival. The case rests.

We are fine with centerback. In fact I’m adsolutely delighted Holgate and Gibson will be given playing time. Crucial if we want them to develope. Will be a disgrace if we sacrifice their developement with a 6th choice utd defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back