Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can try and help you with your summary on CBs...Plan A =Zouma Plan B =Tomori Plan C= Smalling Plan D =Rojo so he did have plans in place.
Where we ever linked with Rugani or Umtiti? Does Silva like them? Did Silva want them? We can throw in any old names but the important factor is if Brands/Silva wanted them.
Silva has publicly stated he wanted anothe CB
surely he knows of a better CB than Holgate who would have been available
Stalling /jones /rojo stinks of desperation and someone who was near enough to pall mall to make the medical in time
I’m a big fan of Brands but he messed up big time at the end of the window

You literally have no idea what his plans a b c d to z are. You've no idea why we haven't ended up with a centre back. It could be brands fault or it could be a host of other reasons. Maybe a b and c fell through and he and Silva decided d wasn't worth it. But who knows. Pure speculation.
One of the really good things about brands regime (apart from some great signings) is how tight lipped we are around transfers. The offshoot of that is we have silly posts like this constantly.
Don’t be idiotic
Silva has publicly stated at a televised press conference that he needed another CB
HE has publicly stated that he wanted a left footed right winger
I am prepared to let Brands day the proper fit of a winger wasn’t available but are you telling me me that a 3rd/4th choice CB for a top 6/7/8 Pl team was not available anywhere
The only silly post is yours if you think Rojo was the only option
Christ a title winning CB from Brands old club was available on a free

All I see is 5 players good then loads of utter tosh about a CB.

You, Dave and his merrymen can talk about a CB all season for all I care bro, me im just gonna watch the team Marcel built.
And if Mina /Keane get an injury suspension the team will be proven to be built on sand
You cannot expect Mina /Keane to play 46 or so games without getting an injury or a suspension

I for one and glad we didn’t splash money on dross like Rojo ect better off having no centre backs then wasting money on the likes of that
Don't think there was any intention on purchasing Smalling or Rojo. Just wanted a loan to provide adequate cover. Looks like we attempted to get a CB with Zouma priority purchase then any of the others on loan. That is 4 CBs we tried. Not the perfect scenario but we have Holgate, Gibson, Gbamin and the new RB who we can turn to if desperate

People are actually livid that we didnt throw 25m and 8m a year wages at Uniteds 6th choice CB.

Its starting to give me a migraine, I honestly didnt know stupid could grow that thick.
I was against signing Rojo at any point
But you back my point up precisely
Silva desperately wanted a CB and the best Brands could do was throw 25 m at Rojo
I’ve been watching Everton for over 50 years so don’t tell me who I deserve to watch and don’t watch
I’m as big an admirer as you are of Brands but at least grow a set and admit he messed up with the CB situation

Heads buried in the sand - all very Brexit.

It will all come out in the wash in October/November and the ‘nothing to worry about merchants’ will have an excuse or disappear.

Silva has publicly stated he wanted anothe CB
surely he knows of a better CB than Holgate who would have been available
Stalling /jones /rojo stinks of desperation and someone who was near enough to pall mall to make the medical in time
I’m a big fan of Brands but he messed up big time at the end of the window

Undoubtedly needed another CB but we’ve also got rid of and brought in a lot of players at the right price for the club.

Due to the dire state of the squad when he came in, I’ve tried to focus on 3 summer windows before I get my pitchfork from the shed.

Take your point on the CB though, blindingly obvious and should have been sorted. One of only a few blips.

I was against signing Rojo at any point
But you back my point up precisely
Silva desperately wanted a CB and the best Brands could do was throw 25 m at Rojo
I’ve been watching Everton for over 50 years so don’t tell me who I deserve to watch and don’t watch
I’m as big an admirer as you are of Brands but at least grow a set and admit he messed up with the CB situation

You may have been against signing Rojo but it seems Brands/Silva were not. Brands didn't throw £25m at Rojo because he didn't want to sign him permanently he wanted him on loan as cover and cover only. Best to just support the team and see if we get someone in January. We still have cover with a possible 4 players although not the best scenario. Nowt we can do now.

You may have been against signing Rojo but it seems Brands/Silva were not. Brands didn't throw £25m at Rojo because he didn't want to sign him permanently he wanted him on loan as cover and cover only. Best to just support the team and see if we get someone in January. We still have cover with a possible 4 players although not the best scenario. Nowt we can do now.

I would assume Brands is working on a CB for January
He has stated that he doesn’t like buying in January but having only 3 dedicated senior CB s ( and I’m being generous to Holgate there ) is skating on thin ice

The reality is that a winger wasn’t a huge priority. If we didn’t bid for Zaha and brought in Iwobi and a CB at the end of the window we’d all be delighted. We didn’t really need to spend big on a CM either.

Not getting a CB is a bit of a disaster but if Mina and Keane stay fit we’ll be fine - our next move should be to get a deal set up for January for a long term boss CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back