Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
...will remain protected, as always.
This fella is former PSV, Brands would have signed him before..
I appreciate you can’t reveal your sources and we don’t want West Ham swooping in, JUST GIVE US A SIGN

An initial fee of £28M. "Buttons". Lol.
Let's put things into perspective in this crazy transfer market Danny Inge went for 20 million that's right 20 million so who would you rather brands went for Danny inns or 28 million for potentially one of the brightest young strikers in Europe.Put it this way if brands signed inns for 20 million you wouldn't of shut up for a week about it whingeing why is he signing average players for 20 mill so we get young exciting players and again you whinge about price 28 million is buttons these days

This fella is former PSV, Brands would have signed him before..
I appreciate you can’t reveal your sources and we don’t want West Ham swooping in, JUST GIVE US A SIGN

Was homesick towards the seasons end at PSV so buggered off to Germany - doubt he would come anyway but looks a bit naff.

Still better than Colgate and young Gibson mind.

The whole hysteria was fueled by Sky Sports and also The Echo played a part, pushing it and pushing it, Everton have bid this, Palace want this, Everton made 1 statement, it said we bid once and that was the end of it, everything else was just media frenzy fuelled by sources that people need to be ignoring.

Brands will tell teams how much he thinks their player is worth, take it or leave it, a very, very refreshing approach and 1 that im confident will benefit us greatly in the long run.

We released/sold/loaned 17 players this window, with potentially 3 or 4 more to go out the door, we bought Gomes with Solanke money, Kean for Bolaise money. We didnt overpay for Zaha, a potentially very good player, but never a player worth the amount required, we didnt get lumped with an aging injury prone Rojo, ok we took a gamble on Delph, but 8m is utter peanuts, we signed the boy Gbamin, who ive got big hopes for and Iwobi, who is either the best thing ever or utter garbo depending on which Arsenal fan you speak to.

Im very pleased with our business, we got rid of some utter tosh, we bought some potential ballers and we did it without breaking the bank or in Zahas case, destroying our wage structure.

Its not the quick fix everybody wanted, but this whole process was always going to take 5 or 6 windows. I look at the progress we have made in just 12months and its chalk and cheese to everything thats gone before. But hey ho, people only want to take away the negatives and sadly the headline is "Everton didnt sign Zaha or a CB".

Yes I agree with all of this. Brands seems unique, in a world that is now increasingly ran by nerds that he seems a proper football man and also a strong negotiator. I'm not against nerds, but pendulums swing and can sometimes go too far. I like that he has a football feel to him.

For us to be successful, it is as much about mitigating poor transfers as it is about signing good ones. Poor transfers kill us. We are not an established top 6 team, so even if we make a mistake nobody in the PL is cuing up to pay us (albeit a reduced fee) to help mitigate it. European teams we try to sell too cannot afford the wages, it cripples us.

There may come a time when we have to break the bank, and maybe in January it might be for Zaha but I'm generally in favour of building a cohesive unit. Thats how we feel and I have to say I think Iwobi will fit our system perfectly.

The only mistake this window, in truth is at centre back. There could be loads that explain it. It could be they think Gibson is further along so are sanguine about a replacement. It might be they bought Gamin with half an eye on this situation (hence why Schneiderlin will now stay too). It may just be Chelsea changed tack at the last minute and plan A (Zouma) and B (Tomori) were wiped out when Luiz went. We need a bit of luck with that, and I wouldn't rule out signing a defender in January.

We obviously need to see the players but we've done ok this window. The chaos that seemed to surround the club with Zaha was mainly the media. We were quite consistent. It looks as if they wanted Zaha for under 60 million, which seems fair. In truth at such a price he could have been a difference maker. Anything above that though would have been insane. I imagine Brands probably wanted Zaha for something like 45 down with 10 in bonuses.

Brands at the end of last summer's transfer window on the subject of agents in England:

There are so many agents and people thinking they are involved. The things that happen (with agents) are getting stranger and stranger, and that’s not a good thing for football.” He added: “I’ve never seen so many agents ever in my life as I have in England. It’s unbelievable, there are a lot of agents involved in all kinds of things – too many, I think. I was polite in the beginning to meet a lot of agents and let them introduce themselves, but later on I have to work on the targets that were important to Everton.

That gives me the impression he just cant get his head around the system in this country, and it builds on what a couple of posters here on this thread earlier posted about how he sails through with ease the European based players, but seems to struggle with English based players.

He needs to learn the ropes on this and quick. He's either snubbing these agents and their culture or they're not on board with him.

Yeah, hes snubbing the brown envelope culture.

Comically in 12months hes signed 14 players and sold 38, yet Dave, 74 from just outside Leigh says he doesnt know how to deal with Agents.

Reckon I’ve watched a lot more of Everton and premier league football than you mate so I know how these things work, I don’t appreciate your patronising comments.

Obviously we might be brilliant this year, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. Mina might turn out to be a superb centre half (in which case Barcelona will activate their clause and take him off for what now seems an absurdly low amount because of the different market, something foolish people like me are aware of but super fans like you have forgotten all about when saying we won’t have any holes to fill). Kean might be everything we hope for and more. Richarlison And Sigurdsson Might both have another injury free season so it isn’t a problem that there’s nobody else who can come in and shoulder the goal scoring burden. And Gbamin might blossom into the new Kante or vieira and be the missing piece of the jigsaw.

You might think I’m being sarcastic there but I’m not. Those things genuinely might happen, and if they do, we might finish 5th. We have good players and a good coach I think, it’s possible. It’s not LIKELY though, not at all. Looking at our squad, I think 7th would be a good return, even that I think might be a bridge too far.
Oh come off it. I know everyone is looking for precious opportunity to get offended by things made up in their own mind, but the only person whos intended or hinted at any patronizing is you. As if you desperately wish someone would patronize you... Who do you think you are, a sandwich shop?

I mean, thats pretty precious to turn "Throw in just half that improvement" into a response of "Reckon I’ve watched a lot more of Everton".

It smacked of being lazy to me mate they went domestic thinking they could get a quick fix - they should have have had other players on the list outside of the UK for a 12 month loan.
The only reason I can think of is their not 100%sure of what they have and wanted someone premier league experienced instead of relying on a foreigne centre half to come straight in, still poor judgement having 12 months to sort a replacement.

Oh come off it. I know everyone is looking for precious opportunity to get offended by things made up in their own mind, but the only person whos intended or hinted at any patronizing is you. As if you desperately wish someone would patronize you... Who do you think you are, a sandwich shop?

I mean, thats pretty precious to turn "Throw in just half that improvement" into a response of "Reckon I’ve watched a lot more of Everton".
Well it was more you calling my thoughts foolish and saying I was pretending that got my goat like, but fair dos I was a little grumpy this morning, apologies.

I’m sure he’s more than capable of transferring those skills and experience gained to playing centre half if needed, as shown in pre season.
Truthfully I’m not sure the loan willl have helped him much in that regard. I don’t know if you saw him much at WBA but I did, and he was playing very much as an attacking full back for them. Much more in the baines/Digne style of full back play than the sort of hibbert type role that could be adapted to centre half.

That’s not to say he can’t improve or be good though, just that I don’t think any improvement in his centre half play will be attributable to his loan spell.

Could someone just point me in the right direction here please? I'm seeing so many posts about ' how brands negotiates' . ' he had such and such targets'. ' this is not how brands operates'. I'm so confused. Where has all this information become available to Joe public ? Am I missing something here? How does Brands negotiate? Who was his targets ? What is his quota ? How does he operate daily? I feel unloved and out the loop.

Yours sincerely,

Phil.

And giving away a pen for fouling him then shoving him in the back and risking a red card. Yay mason!
Even the Red fans thought it was a soft penalty against Holgate and some even suggested retribution for the DCL penno in the earlier reverse fixture. Those two incidents don't define his 48 appearances for us. Its not like he has played a handful of games for the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back