Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t pick the team, yes I think that’s obvious.

He identifies and provides the coach with players to pick the team. Or have I got that wrong?

Personally I haven’t been too impressed and the manager isn’t doing himself much favours either.

If you like him fine, too many bluff merchants at the club for me IMO.

Wanting brands sacked and blaming him for what the manager is getting wrong?

You deserve all of this. The crap football, the dodgy buys , poor results, the lot.

You want better players and then want to hang the man who delivers them?

He doesn’t pick the team, yes I think that’s obvious.

He identifies and provides the coach with players to pick the team. Or have I got that wrong?

Personally I haven’t been too impressed and the manager isn’t doing himself much favours either.

If you like him fine, too many bluff merchants at the club for me IMO.

I would give Brands another TW however if he flumps in that one and/or appoints a dud in Silva's eventual successor I would go all out for Overmars at Ajax.

Their recruitment has been 10x what Brands was at PSV.

Wanting brands sacked and blaming him for what the manager is getting wrong?

You deserve all of this. The crap football, the dodgy buys , poor results, the lot.

You want better players and then want to hang the man who delivers them?

Felt he needed time with a coach to deliver something substantial on the pitch. That’s why I don’t think he’s amazing like some do at the moment . Each is own.

He needs to make a statement, otherwise WTF use is this feller?

He IS the DoF isn't he?
If brands delivers better footballers who have actually won things and played at the highest level, and then the manager chooses to play the same players as allardyce and koeman then that's the fundamental problem

2 years on and schneiderlin is first choice midfielder again. Coleman still rightback , lewen now first choice striker despite lack of actual goals. All for example.

Brands has signed a world cup winning right back , young highly rated Italian international striker and two central midfielders. Yet the same team that was poor for two other managers is still being littered with the same players by the new manager.

If Silva goes then he deserves to, no way would another manager in this league continue to play inferior players and leave new signings on the sidelines.

Felt he needed time with a coach to deliver something substantial on the pitch. That’s why I don’t think he’s amazing like some do at the moment . Each is own.
He doesn't deliver on the pitch . He delivers players and the manager then has to deliver on the pitch.

If the manager doesn't deliver then it's the managers fault. Noone else's if he has better players signed for him. We aren't some midtable league 2 team signing cast offs from other side's and demanding we storm the league here. We are a prem club signing world cup winners ,high internationals and players with top level pedigree.

And we are 17th, 4 losses and 2 of them weren't in the league last season.

I would give Brands another TW however if he flumps in that one and/or appoints a dud in Silva's eventual successor I would go all out for Overmars at Ajax.

Their recruitment has been 10x what Brands was at PSV.

Fair point. Personally I think all this starts from the top down . You look at all the false dawns, the overhype PR vs what actually happens. It’s all there. It keeps repeating itself and some fans get stick for being cynical but can you blame them after all the years of this kind of stuff?

Looking at this current squad I don’t think it’s great at the moment , I don’t see many getting in the top two or three.

I’d love the fella to do a great job long term here as for us blues it’s in our interest after all mate. Something significant has to change for the long term good at some point otherwise we just keep on existing rather than succeeding.

He doesn't deliver on the pitch . He delivers players and the manager then has to deliver on the pitch.

If the manager doesn't deliver then it's the managers fault. Noone else's if he has better players signed for him. We aren't some midtable league 2 team signing cast offs from other side's and demanding we storm the league here. We are a prem club signing world cup winners ,high internationals and players with top level pedigree.

I’m well aware of what he does and you are right the manager needs to deliver and so does the director of football. A centre back should of been in there, we lost two in the summer. whatever happened I’d just be speculating.

I was almost hoodwinked into believing this fella knew what he was doing by over eager Evertonians desperate for good news but my cynical nature is being proven right, this fella is on the gravy train and we're going nowhere.

If brands delivers better footballers who have actually won things and played at the highest level, and then the manager chooses to play the same players as allardyce and koeman then that's the fundamental problem

2 years on and schneiderlin is first choice midfielder again. Coleman still rightback , lewen now first choice striker despite lack of actual goals. All for example.

Brands has signed a world cup winning right back , young highly rated Italian international striker and two central midfielders. Yet the same team that was poor for two other managers is still being littered with the same players by the new manager.

If Silva goes then he deserves to, no way would another manager in this league continue to play inferior players and leave new signings on the sidelines.
They play because Brands didn't get shut of them or get a decent replacement in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back