Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to take a huge amount of blame. This so-called mega DoF left us with two centre halves going into the season, one of which was Michael bleedin' Keane, the other who was injured for large parts of the previous season, Mina. Their backup, Mason Holgate was probably available early in the summer for transfer given we'd put all our eggs into a Kurt Zouma-shaped basket, but nobody wanted to take him off us.

Then Brands goes and, yet again, fails to bring in a proven striker, unbelievably. We're happy with Kean as an option, but we've been severely lacking goals for 2 years - how can you overlook that and not bring in a proven scorer?

He even allows our best player, Gueye, to go, and fails to bring in a proven replacement. Gbamin may turn out to be a fine player, but his career to date doesn't suggest he's anywhere near the elite category that Gueye is in.

So that's the DoF leaving us way short in the centre of defence, midfield and up front.

He then goes and almost splashes 60m on Wilfried Zaha, a crazy thought, before panic buying Alex Iwobi at the last minute, who Arsenal couldn't sell quick enough, for a massive fee.

He sanctioned nearly 100m to be spent on Kean, Iwobi and Gbamin when we needed proven quality to come in and go right into the first XI as we were badly lacking. What sort of fool thinks this is a winning strategy?

I have little patience or sympathy with Silva, however I truly believed he was genuinely frustrated when he couldn't bring himself to say the team has improved this year over last year, as it truly hasn't. It's gone backwards, despite, again, more big investment.

A sorry, sorry state of affairs which Brands needs to take a large portion of responsibility for.
Agree with some of that especially the lack of a CB and proven striker. However we don't know who we actually went after prior to buying and also regardless Silva should still be doing better with what he has even if it isn't as good as what he had last year in some positions he has more depth.

A lot of the recent Silva thread is geting sidelined by the Brands talk.

But is there anyone now remotley impressed by this feller's record at this club?

He's been abysmal. We're worse on the pitch and millions worse off in terms of cash thrown on rubbish players.

I cant see this feller lasting much longer than Silva.

But is there anyone now remotley impressed by this feller's record at this club?

He's been abysmal. We're worse on the pitch and millions worse off in terms of cash thrown on rubbish players.

Nah, he’s crap, can’t wait till we get rid of him and bring in a decent manager.

Sidetracking this thread with a Silva post

wonder who's behind that

...erm, yes, I’m impressed. Mind you, it’s easy to impress after Steve Walsh.

He hasnt signed 1 single bad player.

Every single player hes bought has improved the squad and in most cases the first 11.

Luca Digne is the best LB in Europe
Richarlison is at least a 200m player already, Brazils number 9
Yerry Mina is probably the best CB in the world
Little Bernie and his box of magic tricks
Gomes Rolls Royce
Iwobi has scored 3 times as many goals as a player loads wanted us to spend 80m on in the summer
Fabian Delph has shown every ounce of his title-winning talent
Gmblammo played only 5minutes, but I got Zidane vibes from him
In Moise Kean we have a future Balloon winner, but for some reason Big Watch keeps him on the bench
And the Sid fella is a World Cup winning Right Back, whats not to like?

Basically hes spent around 120m on the above players and could EASILY clear 1 billion if we sold them all tomorrow.

So in short, Brands wont be going anywhere any time soon, apart from maybe PSG, Real Madrid or some other Elite football team once he relies what a horrible and disgusting toxic fanbase Everton has.

He hasnt signed 1 single bad player. Every single player hes bought has improved the squad and in most cases the first 11.
Luca Digne is the best LB in Europe
Richarlison is at least a 200m player already, Brazils number 9
Yerry Mina is probably the best CB in the world
Gmblammo played only 5minutes, but I got Zidane vibes from him

In Moise Kean we have a future Balloon winner, but for some reason Big Watch keeps him on the bench
And the Sid fella is a World Cup winning Right Back, whats not to like?

Basically hes spent around 120m on the above players and could EASILY clear 1 billion if we sold them all tomorrow.

So in short, Brands wont be going anywhere any time soon, apart from maybe PSG, Real Madrid or some other Elite football team once he relies what a horrible and disgusting toxic fanbase Everton has.

There's £140M worth of waste there.

Richarlison plays only when he doesn't have a titty lip...which is to say hardly ever.

Mina is a WC flavour of the month player personified.

Gbamin's signng has been a shambles.

Kean is a striker that cant strike.

For the umpteenth time: you worship false Gods; I'm an iconoclast that pulls them down.

Richarlison plays only when he doesn't have a titty lip...which is to say hardly ever.

For the umpteenth time: you worship false Gods; I'm an iconoclast that pulls them down.

Actually had to google the word iconoclast.

While I was there, I googled the word clueless.

@davek fearless warrior for truth,

No chance.

Hes probably the hardest working player in the team.

If he played for a top side he would have gotten 3 penalties this season and about 2000 free kicks.

Hes also going to hit 15 approx goals this season when in a team (again) with no real star quality around him.

Wouldnt be a shock to me for an elite champions league team to come in for him next summer.
Your player evals while consistent, concern me. He’s been as average as the rest of them this season Zat. Hopefully he pushes on but the signs aren’t there that he is or will. 60m for him today is about accurate. Not saying it won’t go up, but he’s not showing a lot to be honest.

So we have a director of football from the continent who’s scouting skills seem no better than the managers. To top it off, we have what seems a credible link to Mark Hughes. What exactly is this guy getting paid for??? Just stealing a living

So we have a director of football from the continent who’s scouting skills seem no better than the managers. To top it off, we have what seems a credible link to Mark Hughes. What exactly is this guy getting paid for??? Just stealing a living

Indeed. Am hoping (hopefully not against hope), that this is an attempt at shutting the natives up with a be careful what you wish for kite flying attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back