Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brands us doing well to be honest.

People are underestimating the absolute state of our squad not so long ago. It's on its way to being rectified. Not every player we sign will become a superstar, but Digne, Mina, Iwobi, Richy etc are better than the dross we've been signing in a while.

I think Brands us doing well to be honest.

People are underestimating the absolute state of our squad not so long ago. It's on its way to being rectified. Not every player we sign will become a superstar, but Digne, Mina, Iwobi, Richy etc are better than the dross we've been signing in a while.
Utter dross you can file in the 'expensive fee paid and/or massive wages' column he came in "to eliminate":

Kean
Iwobi
Gbamin
Delph

4 out of the 9 he's brought in on permanent deals who are Koeman type wastes of space.

Utter dross you can file in the 'expensive fee paid and/or massive wages' column he came in "to eliminate":

Kean
Iwobi
Gbamin
Delph

4 out of the 9 he's brought in on permanent deals who are Koeman type wastes of space.
Kean - not the player we needed, but would have been a very decent punt on a player that requires development alongside a decent ready to perform striker.
Iwobi - I like him, not a waste of space
Gbamin - Injured, harsh judgement on him.
Delph - a bit meh and expensive, but part of a squad that has been very successful and brings that experience in the league

I think you are overly hard on these players. The absence of a centre back, recognised striker, etc. are were he needs pillorying for.

Kean - not the player we needed, but would have been a very decent punt on a player that requires development alongside a decent ready to perform striker.
Delph - a bit meh and expensive, but part of a squad that has been very successful and brings that experience in the league

I think you are overly hard on these players. The absence of a centre back, recognised striker, etc. are were he needs pillorying for.

I don't think you can even level expensive at Delph, 8m wasn't it?

Or to use the Dave to reality exchange rate 88bn.

Kean
Iwobi
Gbamin
Delph

You admitted to having never seen Gbamin play, so just stop pushing your agenda just because you don’t like the role. Iwobi has made a massive difference in this side. Kean was wanted by every club on the planet, Brands just had the Raiola connection to get it done. Delph was bought as a backup.

Kean
Iwobi
Gbamin
Delph

Don't agree with those mate
Kean was a worthwhile risk if, for instance - DCL doesn't work, Tosun doesn't kick on or leaves, and RIcharlison goes somewhere else - of course Kean has to improve dramatically but we didn't know it would take this long
Iwobi - competition for Siggy at least, but at best he's going to be a better no.10
Gbamin - should have been a replacement for Gueye or part of a 3 with Davies and Gomes
Delph - back up or Barry type

They all look good on paper - we've just had bad luck - nothing like the Rooney + Siggy + Vlasic type purchase, or Walcott + Tosun panic buys, or the other beautiful gifts left by Walsh and Allardyce

They are never the answer for us. None of those mentioned.

Gbamin and Delph were a poor replacement for Gueye; Iwobi was / is no improvement on Walcott; Kean is worse than Tosun.

Brands is supposed to be moving us forward not backward.

He's a cowardf too: no word from him since his handywork of the summer exploded in our faces. "Director" of Football. Takes no responsibility.

A fake.

They are never the answer for us. None of those mentioned.

Gbamin and Delph were a poor replacement for Gueye; Iwobi was / is no improvement on Walcott; Kean is worse than Tosun.

Brands is supposed to be moving us forward not backward.

He's a cowardf too: no word from him since his handywork of the summer exploded in our faces. "Director" of Football. Takes no responsibility.

A fake.

Have you tried writing to him?

Don't agree with those mate
Kean was a worthwhile risk if, for instance - DCL doesn't work, Tosun doesn't kick on or leaves, and RIcharlison goes somewhere else - of course Kean has to improve dramatically but we didn't know it would take this long
Iwobi - competition for Siggy at least, but at best he's going to be a better no.10
Gbamin - should have been a replacement for Gueye or part of a 3 with Davies and Gomes
Delph - back up or Barry type

They all look good on paper - we've just had bad luck - nothing like the Rooney + Siggy + Vlasic type purchase, or Walcott + Tosun panic buys, or the other beautiful gifts left by Walsh and Allardyce
Kean: it's the DoF's to know it. He chose a loose cannon and we're paying for it. An expensive punt on a flop with a bad attitude.

The other three I dont see a big effort by you to defend them as a step forward, and I dont blame you for not trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back