Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
*points at rubbish squad...points at transfer bill...points at league position*
Squad better then it’s been in quite a while with some very good players. All who are under performing. He also bought very well in Mina,Digne,Richarlison,Gomes and Bernard.

he can’t help the fact the club wasted
45 mil on Sigi
25 mil on M Keane
5 mil + 125k a week on Sandro
25 mil on Tosun
25 Mil on Walcott
25 mil on Snides
Gave Mirallas a new contract

150 mil wasted not including wages

non of that is his fault and he slowly sorting it

Squad better then it’s been in quite a while with some very good players. All who are under performing. He also bought very well in Mina,Digne,Richarlison,Gomes and Bernard.

he can’t help the fact the club wasted
45 mil on Sigi
25 mil on M Keane
5 mil + 125k a week on Sandro
25 mil on Tosun
25 Mil on Walcott
25 mil on Snides
Gave Mirallas a new contract

150 mil wasted not including wages

non of that is his fault and he slowly sorting it

True and he has got shut of quite a bit of the deadwood in the summer.

I find it mad how much stick he is getting. He's quite clearly lifted the quality of the squad and considering he had to shift so much deadwood. Also, people keeping going on about how he should be choosing the next manager and clearly he isnt doing his job - how do they know that? Anyone think maybe we haven't got a new manager yet because he is currently in talks with someone? If he wasn't in charge and Kenwright was, Moyes would be in by now.

Brands doesn't do kneejerk. He will make a decision when he thinks its for the best, regardless of what us fans think (and lets be honest, fans should never make decisions in a football club)/

I find it mad how much stick he is getting. He's quite clearly lifted the quality of the squad and considering he had to shift so much deadwood. Also, people keeping going on about how he should be choosing the next manager and clearly he isnt doing his job - how do they know that? Anyone think maybe we haven't got a new manager yet because he is currently in talks with someone? If he wasn't in charge and Kenwright was, Moyes would be in by now.

Brands doesn't do kneejerk. He will make a decision when he thinks its for the best, regardless of what us fans think (and lets be honest, fans should never make decisions in a football club)/
Great post I agree. Makes no sense to give a new manager (who there probably still in talks with) 2 extremely difficult games away from home In the space of a week to start with

we may get a point a Leicester but we are getting non at Anfield

The squad is rubbish! His inability to find a good seasoned striker is remarkable. How does he spend his time?!?

So, if Ive got that right, Brands has to be able to make all football decisions himself, including retaining Silva to the end of the season, but also be ready to defer to Moshiri on getting shut of Silva in the coming days, if that's what the owner wants?

What a 'kin ridiculous illogical piece of BS.

[And, btw, we've stopped linking to the E*h*.....]

We havent stopped linking The Echo at all.

The squad is rubbish! His inability to find a good seasoned striker is remarkable. How does he spend his time?!?

Thing with the striker issue is that if Brands persisted with one of either DCL or Kean and they got a decent run, I think it wouldn't be as big an issue. This chopping and changing isn't helping the team get going

You say 'how do they know?' but it works both ways doesn't it? I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but I don't pretend to. You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but you say things like 'Moyes would be in by now' and 'Brands doesn't do kneejerk' as if you do. This is why the cult of personality is dangerous. We've got people who swear they know exactly what kind of bloke Brands is and how he makes his decisions, despite never even having heard of him 18 months ago. It's really strange.

You say 'how do they know?' but it works both ways doesn't it? I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but I don't pretend to. You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but you say things like 'Moyes would be in by now' and 'Brands doesn't do kneejerk' as if you do. This is why the cult of personality is dangerous. We've got people who swear they know exactly what kind of bloke Brands is and how he makes his decisions, despite never even having heard of him 18 months ago. It's really strange.
Look at Brands history, he’s not knee jerk.

Looking at his history won't tell me that though will it? If I look at it with a pre-conceived bias of what I want to see it might help me confirm it, but it won't objectively tell me anything, because I'll have no idea of the full circumstances, the others involved, the finances etc.

As I said, I'm not saying he's doing a good job or a bad job on the whole, because I simply don't have enough information to have the faintest idea. What I find odd is people who are so desperate to proclaim that he's fantastic, and will act in certain ways, when they have absolutely no evidence to support the idea.

I’d say his hand is forced regardless. The crowd has turned. There’s no way back for Silva. It’s going to be toxic at the next home game.
Brands can say he’s not knee jerk but once the crowd has gone it’s action time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back