Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a player who went from captain of a team to being happy as a part time player above.

The critique was "he's not had the desire for the last few years. Why would he now?" and it's still appropriate. Forget the injuries, he's looked pretty poor in just about every match he's been in.

The fee itself isn't the problem, the fact hes injury prone and not really a good player is.

I disagree that he isnt a good player.

Injury-prone yes.

I disagree that he isnt a good player.

Injury-prone yes.
Why? What says to you he is a good player? There's been PLENTY of players who have peaked and been a Trainwreck after a certain age. Delph hasn't looked boss in one match. And, yes, I know it's a small sample size, but wouldn't you think a bit part player would put in a commanding performance once in his first 4 months?

It's a player who went from captain of a team to being happy as a part time player above.

The critique was "he's not had the desire for the last few years. Why would he now?" and it's still appropriate. Forget the injuries, he's looked pretty poor in just about every match he's been in.

The fee itself isn't the problem, the fact hes injury prone and not really a good player is.

As someone who can comfortably say I sat through the entire series of the City documentary (research purposes) - Delph was one of the more driven, fired up and leadership characters that was clear to see in the dressing room. He seems driven by perfection but those guys can’t do it all, especially with people not putting a shift in and half arsing their way through a 90 minute Goodison vacuum.

Why? What says to you he is a good player? There's been PLENTY of players who have peaked and been a Trainwreck after a certain age. Delph hasn't looked boss in one match. And, yes, I know it's a small sample size, but wouldn't you think a bit part player would put in a commanding performance once in his first 4 months?

Hes been injured, lack of fitness and match sharpness due to that, hes playing in a shocking side under a terrible manager.

I think he still has something to offer and think its very unfair to be judging most players whilst we are deep in the utter crap.

Hes been injured, lack of fitness and match sharpness due to that, hes playing in a shocking side under a terrible manager.

I think he still has something to offer and think its very unfair to be judging most players whilst we are deep in the utter crap.

I genuinely feel like he started well in his first two games. Getting himself about and passing well. Dropped off after that. I do have a wider theory that we genuinely make players worse than when they arrive.

How much is he costing in wages over his contract? He is a waste of time and should never have been signed. Nobody wanted him when we were linked, which speaks volumes. He’s only had about one good game for us.
This season, you can say that about every player. They have all been awful. We've lost our first choice midfield pair, probably for the season. Bigger things to moan about, than Delph. He isn't out worst central midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back