Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree, this model has already proven problematic with the DoF/Head Coach wanting their own players. Ancelotti is the name here, he should get the players he wants.

I also believe he will be here long term unless he walks.
Even though the manager himself has said that's not what he does?

...that’s fair, but I think the resale valuation is a fair assessment of Brands performance. Form goes up and down, Digne is having a lean time after a quality start, I’m still convinced Mina could be a star with the right partner and there even appears demand for Kean.

For me, our better players are Brands players and it’ll be interesting to see if they feature in Ancelotti’s plans.
What do you think the current resale value of Brands' singings would be Eggs ?

Given their current form I think we would be hard pressed to see a profit on any of them bar Richarlison.

On last season's form you could have doubled your money on Digne but very interesting that there are no rumours about him or any of Brands signings ( apart from Richarlison ) being in demand.

That is your opinion, on balance I think it is one not generally shared.
Injuries happen and we are unlucky that we have two long term absentees who occupy key positions in midfield.
I think if you want to be critical of Brands it is that in about three areas he has left the squad light, one of them being central midfield. I think that criticism would be justified.

We also have to recognise the enormous job he faced when he first arrived of having to move on expensive , highly paid players that were not wanted at the club , but you won't accept the job he has done there either.
Nobody is perfect, but unless you give a balanced critique of his overall work while at Everton you can hardly expect your opinion to be regarded as serious.
Let's put it this way: would you trust this feller with another £200+M?

No, that's wrong. It's bang on £200M.

But even if you were correct, you'd still be in the situation of defending the spending of the best part of £200M on that utter tat he;s brought in.

No one is having this feller anymore mate...only you and a dwindling band of the Dutch helmet's disciples.

Im not a sheep, I have my own thoughts.

As ive said, lets judge these players under a proper manager, so lets wait till a proper manager has had longer than 2 weeks with the players.

Im ok, I can wait for the turnaround.

Im not a sheep, I have my own thoughts.

As ive said, lets judge these players under a proper manager, so lets wait till a proper manager has had longer than 2 weeks with the players.

Im ok, I can wait for the turnaround.

Ance;lotti doesn't have a magic wand.

Look at these players. You've had enough evidence seeing them play.

Mina: do you think Ancelotti can make him run faster than he can? Make Iwobi into a player? Turn Kean into a scorer in this league?

They are wastes of time and money. Cut our losses and get shut of the Koeman and Brands tat.

Ance;lotti doesn't have a magic wand.

Look at these players. You've had enough evidence seeing them play.

Mina: do you think Ancelotti can make him run faster than he can? Make Iwobi into a player? Turn Kean into a scorer in this league?

They are wastes of time and money. Cut our losses and get shut of the Koeman and Brands tat.

Lets get rid of the Martinez, Walsh tat first.

Then see where we are.

To me that is a massive failing on Brands part, as simply it shows he has no concept of what attributes players need to play in the Premier League
He has a simle template: buy players off big clubs. There's no due dilligence; no forensic assessment of flaws as well as abilities as far as I can see.

He's just not up to this job at this club.

Lets get rid of the Martinez, Walsh tat first.

Then see where we are.
Who's left from Martinez's era? Holgate? You want shut of him?

The Martinez era players have been sold off...at a profit overall. We'll never get that with the signings of Koeman and Brands. NEVER.

In the merde after genius Brands got rid of the only decent Walsh signing Gana Gueye for buttons

The lad gave his all for us for 90 minutes every single game no matter how bad we were. Even somehow played better after we’d knocked him back on his dream move to PSG. I’m made up for the guy he finally got his transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back