Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think the current resale value of Brands' singings would be Eggs ?

Given their current form I think we would be hard pressed to see a profit on any of them bar Richarlison.

On last season's form you could have doubled your money on Digne but very interesting that there are no rumours about him or any of Brands signings ( apart from Richarlison ) being in demand.

...I agree with your Richarlison assessment, which would off-set losses on others. I doubt there’d be big losses, indeed possible profit on Digne and Bernard. Delph would be difficult to shift, as would Iwobi. Might even make money on Kean.

There’s no absolute turkeys in there, unlike the Walsh years.

...I agree with your Richarlison assessment, which would off-set losses on others. I doubt there’d be big losses, indeed possible profit on Digne and Bernard. Delph would be difficult to shift, as would Iwobi. Might even make money on Kean.

You really think someone would give us more than £27 m for Kean who has yet to score a goal in English football ?

£250M spent by Brands, and you offer a coupe of injuries as mitigating factors in defending him?

Another coach/manager/DoF could have used half that amount to get better quality in. Even the free signing like Bernard came with a massive wage attached.

He's ridiculous - a big ridiculous Dutch helmet.
People can't see him for what he is because they have only got Walsh to compare him to, so obviously Brands players are going to be a bit better but still totally garbage.

Not a chance we'd make money on Kean if we sold now. He hasn't scored a single goal, if we even said we'd enter into talks it would be an admission that we wanted shut and so you'd have to be mental to offer proper money for him. It'd be like the Sandro situation again.

He has a simle template: buy players off big clubs. There's no due dilligence; no forensic assessment of flaws as well as abilities as far as I can see.

He's just not up to this job at this club.

One of the annoying things is how well Leicester have done at transfers. Players like Ndidi, Pereira, Maguire, Soyuncu and Maddison. All signed after we poached the supposed prodigy of their success in Walshy. And when they have got a player off a big club it's a really good buy like Johnny Evans rather than dross like Walcott and Schneiderlin.

Not a chance we'd make money on Kean if we sold now. He hasn't scored a single goal, if we even said we'd enter into talks it would be an admission that we wanted shut and so you'd have to be mental to offer proper money for him. It'd be like the Sandro situation again.

...you wouldn’t think so, but there have been quite a few links back in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back