Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try and answer the question mate , rather than ignoring it when it contradicts your stated point.
The answer was there, hiding in plain site. He usually gores to 'big clubs' to get theor cast offs....with scant regard to their ability to blend in with what we have or any character assessment it appears.

Brands is a busted flush. Not too many would disagree now.

I think that I would. I know you disagree but I think that most of the players he has signed will do well under CA.
I liked Marco Silva, I really hoped he would do well... maybe without ever really believing it.
But, unfortunately it didn't work out at all and we are in a mess. I do believe that the addition of the right players in the right places will transform the team.

I do believe a lot of the players we have here have the potential to play in a very good team but they need leaders in the team and a top class manager... we are at least half way there.

I would look at our neighbours across the park where some astute buys have allowed some players who were already at the club but not doing anything wonderful to become part of a very successful unit.

That is our aim as well because there is no way we can afford to completely overhaul the squad again.
...you'd rather hand Brands another £200M than hand it to Ancelotti?!

Problem is we got alot of money back in the club from sales this summer then this dope blew it all on yet more tosh.

Praying Gbamin proves to be a good player otherwise we've signed another £100 million worth of garbage.

Delph 2/5
Iwobi 3/5
Kean 2/5
Gomes 3/5

Deary me.

Delph is the one that gets me.

The world and his wife knows that he is the very epitome of the sick note culture which Darren Anderton patented back in the late 20th.

You wouldn't buy a house if you knew there was a problem with subsidence in the backyard, nor a car with the doors held on with sellotape.

Yes and when you add the many others who were signed when unfit, or got unfit(again) after arriving with a poor fitness record, it becomes apparent that the 'bargains' that were signed by Brands were cheap because they had poor fitness records. I have some faith in Ancelloti, and if he usually works with a DOF, he should be allowed to bring in his own man.

Summer transfer window was a nightmare. Some bad luck thrown in but none of the signings have made any real impact.

Delph 3- injured so much and on the rare occasion he gets on the pitch underwhelming.

Iwobi 4- no impact, looks like the player most Arsenal fans told us he was. No other club in the league would have paid the money we did for him. Will never be a regular starter for us.

Kean 2- looks completely lost on the pitch. We all understand there are reasons why but we needed a first choice striker and we got a kid.

Gbamin 2- gave him a 2 because he played 2 games. Can't blame Brands for this one.

Gomes 4- injured now but underwhelming before that. Not convinced he will be a player we build our midfield around.

Sidibe 6- best of the lot but still up and down in his form. Jury is still out on whether you'd make him permanent.

Another transfer window like that this summer and we will stop enjoying mid table mediocrity and lurch towards the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back