Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if there was one thing we as a fanbase can agree upon is that this fella is stealing a living and should be given his marching order post haste?
If he was a little squat fella like Walsh, he’d have been hounded out by now, but no, he likes to wear flash suits to look the part.

He’s an absolute joke and part of the problem.

We didnt.

He spent 120m on 21 players.

He made 50m profit on Lukaku, 8m on Clev, 2m on Geri, the rest was set on fire.

His shortfall was huge.

You can judge Brands signings when they get sold.
Lol.

£98M he spent in three seasons.

He took in £102M from the sale of Lukaku + Deulofeu + Cleverley + Funes Mori + Lennon + Barry. Holgate would fecth a decent fee now.

We got cash back and then some.

Under the two Dutch ball bags, we'll take a massive hit. No one is buyng that lot back for just short of half a billion.

Problem is we got alot of money back in the club from sales this summer then this dope blew it all on yet more tosh.

Praying Gbamin proves to be a good player otherwise we've signed another £100 million worth of garbage.

Delph 2/5
Iwobi 3/5
Kean 2/5
Gomes 3/5

Deary me.
Delph is the only complete failure out of those. Gbamin and Gomes can't be judged due to injury. Iwobi has been slightly disappointing but is useful in his best position. Kean is a kid he could be anything we will see next season.

I think he's made some good moves and some not good ones. Decent. He said when he came in he isn't a whort term dof he is a guy that builds long term. So these next few windows are going to define it for me. He will soon have bought the most of our first eleven/ subs when they are all playing then we can judge.

Delph is the only complete failure out of those. Gbamin and Gomes can't be judged due to injury. Iwobi has been slightly disappointing but is useful in his best position. Kean is a kid he could be anything we will see next season.

Do you want to buy some magic beans from me mate? I'll give you a great deal and they will work next year a treat when they have ripened up..

Gomes for me is overated.

For every decent game he has he throws in an Aston Villa away where he is slow, gives daft fouls away in dangerous areas and misplaces every pass. Obviously miles better than the likea of Schneiderlin but I worry if he's going to be 1st choice as for me he isnt anywhere near the levels of the likes of Tielemans and Neves who are at clubs not even in the top 6.

Do you want to buy some magic beans from me mate? I'll give you a great deal and they will work next year a treat when they have ripened up..
Personally I'd have liked a ready made striker too. Kean was a gamble but until he adapts I have no idea if he is going to be a good signing of not. Realistically even if he isn't we will probably get a decent fee from a Italian club anyway. The model is to invest in potential, I'd rather that than go prem proven with your Bolaise's, Morgans and Sigs.

I think he's made some good moves and some not good ones. Decent. He said when he came in he isn't a whort term dof he is a guy that builds long term. So these next few windows are going to define it for me. He will soon have bought the most of our first eleven/ subs when they are all playing then we can judge.

Does anyone describe themselves as a short term DoF? That's not how these charlatans stay in their jobs when they have been shown to be frauds.

Ahh but next year it will all be good.

Come on.

Gomes for me is overated.

For every decent game he has he throws in an Aston Villa away where he is slow, gives daft fouls away in dangerous areas and misplaces every pass. Obviously miles better than the likea of Schneiderlin but I worry if he's going to be 1st choice as for me he isnt anywhere near the levels of the likes of Tielemans and Neves who are at clubs not even in the top 6.
For the fee he's a good player. I agree he's inconsistent at times but he is by far our best midfielder when fit. Of course Neves is better as he has more end product but Tielemans is a ten so it's not a like for like.

Does anyone describe themselves as a short term DoF? That's not how these charlatans stay in their jobs when they have been shown to be frauds.

Ahh but next year it will all be good.

Come on.
The coach has a large role and input into how they perform too. You don't just buy a set of good players and they play well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back