Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

The serious point about this mush though is that he needs pressure exerted upon him, not treated with kid gloves.

He's got to earn any reputation he has here, and it must be hard earned.

Did he bring in one or two good players last summer? Yes. However, his inability to shift players out other than by the easy option of sending them on loan - plus his failiure to address some glaring problems in the team in January - have blotted his performance.

I want to see him out of the blocks early this summer:

• Wrap up a deal for Gueye
  • Make a decision on Gomez
  • Get cash in from Lookman, Nasse, Ramirez, Vlasic and Besic
  • Get Dowell, Onyekuru, Connolly and Robinson back in
  • Get shut of Baines and Jagielka and Mirallas.
Most of that should be doable quickly after being here for a year. In tandem with that, get Moshiri to commit to landing a minimum of 4 targets by the end of the window.

How, even in the most muddled of minds, is the fact that nobody wanted to buy some of the players he inherited “blotted his performance?”

That’s rather comical and looking for any old reason to have a pop.

His task. Names were mentioned. He didn't do his job.

He did. He didn't go out and waste money in a low value market for a short term fix with a player who wasn't in the long term plan.

If you could point to another player that arrived at another club as an example then that would be something but you can't.

Yes we still do and I hope that will be addressed in the summer, hope the only striker we have as back up is DCL.
I wouldbn't keep any striker we have, even as back up. That's how poorly I rate them.

DCL might be retained to run down the clock in a game we're winning in. Maybe.

Anyone would have to be daft to think Lookman and Gueye were signings of lazy arse Koeman. He went for established names with big fees.

Still conjecture. There is no way of determining who scouts or identifies specific players first. You're just making something up to support your point.

He did. He didn't go out and waste money in a low value market for a short term fix with a player who wasn't in the long term plan.

If you could point to another player that arrived at another club as an example then that would be something but you can't.
That's a specious argument that places the onus on me rather than the man paid to do the job of finding players to help the team.

That's a specious argument that places the onus on me rather than the man paid to do the job of finding players to help the team.

I am asking for you to point to another bit of transfer business in that window which supports your claim that not buying a striker in the January window is a negative thing. You can't. You're trying to pin a wider business trend as a negative specific to Brands.

Think maybe we had crossed wires there, I thought that was just your summer shopping list.
I'm a big fan of Brands but if we haven't filled those positions in the next two windows, agreed, that would not be good for anyone, although apparently Brands being quoted today as saying he doesn't like doing business in January.

Very few clubs in the PL done business in the January market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back