Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Moyes was to be the new manager then there's just no amount of spin you can put on it to make it sound like Brands is the guru he's been made out to be. It would mean either he's clueless about picking managers, or that he's content to pick up a fat wedge and sit on the board without actually doing the job we were led to believe he was brought in to do. If your director of football doesn't make the fundamental business decisions about the football team, he ain't a real director of football. I can see that some peopleare already getting their excuses in for him though. Standard.
Agreed surely he resigns or tries for some form of constructive dismissal

Just don’t get this DOF role me. I understand it works at other clubs but all those clubs have good managers in. I’ve not been impressed at all with Brands in the transfer market but as far as choosing managers goes, is it in his job remit? Isn’t he supposed to work closely with the manager, discussing players profiles and how he wants us to play? Is he supposed to be doing this, probably on a daily basis, whilst also speaking to agents about his replacements? Is he supposed to be drawing up lists of managers across Europe who’d be interested whilst also discussing signings with the current boss? Just all sounds bizarre to me. And very unrealistic

Who is tottenhams DOF by the way? Who makes decisions there? Daniel levy thats who. Hires and fires. No one else. We don’t even know who does that at our club. Jose will Defo be picking his transfer targets too. Simplified is always best. Moshiri, Kenwright, Brands......who knows what goes on when they sit in a room and try to make a decision.....

Who is tottenhams DOF by the way? Who makes decisions there? Daniel levy thats who. Hires and fires. No one else. We don’t even know who does that at our club. Jose will Defo be picking his transfer targets too. Simplified is always best. Moshiri, Kenwright, Brands......who knows what goes on when they sit in a room and try to make a decision.....

Franco Baldini is Spurs’ Sporting Director/Director of Football:coffee:

Franco Baldini is Spurs’ Sporting Director/Director of Football:coffee:
Thanks for the information. I reckon amongst Spurs fans, he's never mentioned. The manager takes centre stage and he is should be the one who takes the highs and lows of the teams performances. I don't think for one second, Franco B will be telling Jose who he's buying. The manager is number one. We seem to put our DOF on a pedestal and think that he can wave a magic wand to our problems. The main appointment and main man should be the manager. Then the DOF never gets mentioned. Ask a City fan, Liverpool or SPurs fan the last time they mentioned their DOF when talking about the club???? There's far too much emphasis on it in our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back