Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but with Carlo it's clear that we are going to get some players that want to work with him, too. Why did we get a bunch of Brazilians? Having a Portuguese manager probably helped. That's not a slight on Brands, that's just being smart.

Cos Brands has built up a boss scouting network in South America over the years.

Nope.

As I said earlier, Brands tried to sign Richarlison for PSV.

But we dont need to deal in what ifs, the fact of the matter is that Marcel Brands is the Director of Football, hes in charge of ALL football-related decisions. He signs all the players and picks all the managers and will do for the next 10 years or so.
Can we close this thread now?

I actually have no problem with Brands but this love in for him is starting to get to Martinez Cult levels

I have to add balance, thats all.

I think Brands has done a good job, I do think it was unrealistic to get all our problems sorted in this time frame, hes signed players thats improved us, but we still have massive holes in the squad, hes also hamstrung by us having rubbish players on massive wages that nobody else will pay.

We all think we could do better, I know I do, but hes a highly respected DoF in the game and we have to trust him.

Our current "plight" doesnt help, we sit 12th, out of both cups and with jokers like Niasse still getting games for us.

I still think we will dip our toes in the water this window, but with the accounts we published only a few weeks ago a degree of prudence would be better for everybody.

The season isnt over, we still have goals to achieve, but we have Carlo now, we have a chance in the dugout, so it would be wise to prepare for next season, the summer and see what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back