Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people are having a go but out of all the players signed so far who would anyone actually have liked to see us sign?

Fernandes and Berge maybe?

They aren’t the only players available, he's paid mega bucks to find some of his own.

I miss the days of fake bids which at least helped us through the working day.

Bergwijn would've been good and wasn't too dear but I don't think we should be signing anyone in any case. This season is already a write off, no point lumbering ourselves with more big salaries.

The biggest disappointment in Mr Brands for me is the lack of outgoings. I know it's not easy to shift some of our dross because of the wages the PE teacher was chucking about but nobody going out other than some u23s is underwhelming.
It's not just the wages, it's because they are crap. Who would buy Niasse, Schneids, Martina, etc?

I am dissapointed but can understand just hope we are working towards summer signings now and hope we see more of kean gordon ect maybe either andronin or Markelo given some game time

I'm sure ( at least hope ) that Brands' job does not solely relate to transfers and would therefore love to know what , on a daily basis , he actually does.

I'm not being snidey but it would be very interesting to have the information.

Anybody other than Ancelotti as manager and there would be calls for his head.

Every signing he made this past summer has failed to make a significant impact and help us kick on. He did better last season with Gomes, Bernard and Digne but his business has definitely contributed to Silva's sacking and the continuation of our middling performance in the league.

The veneer has worn off him now for me. The last window's business has proven he isn't infallible.

Anybody other than Ancelotti as manager and there would be calls for his head.

Every signing he made this past summer has failed to make a significant impact and help us kick on. He did better last season with Gomes, Bernard and Digne but his business has definitely contributed to Silva's sacking and the continuation of our middling performance in the league.

The veneer has worn off him now for me. The last window's business has proven he isn't infallible.

Not too many infallible folk out there. I think Silva managed to get himself the sack, it was him - the coach - who selected the team and the tactics.

Brands is satisfying his employer that he is doing a good job. In essence, regardless of our opinions, that is all he has to do on a day to day basis. I spend the vast majority of my working life talking to people, if people asked for my day to day activity, they would all think they could do it. They can't.

Not too many infallible folk out there. I think Silva managed to get himself the sack, it was him - the coach - who selected the team and the tactics.

Brands is satisfying his employer that he is doing a good job. In essence, regardless of our opinions, that is all he has to do on a day to day basis. I spend the vast majority of my working life talking to people, if people asked for my day to day activity, they would all think they could do it. They can't.
If we had signed players other than Delph, G'Bamin, and Kean that actually made an improvement to the team Silva might still have had a job.

Not one of our new signings was ready to walk into the first 11 and improve it.

That's on Brands. Silva didn't do a great job with what he had but I do feel Brands let him down in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back