Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be a Trump fan. Thinking Brands has done a good job is like thinking Trump is the best president the US ever had. The guy got it wrong with everything he has done so far. Give me half of his money, at least i would only do a quarter of the s... he has done. Not very difficult i know....

Swerve it mutant.

Brands has been a bit of a fan of self-promotion in the past, to put it mildly.

I'd have more respect for him over the coming weeks if he came out and admitted that mistakes have been made on his watch, and he will learn from them. That would be something at least, considering he is likely to be here for some time yet. I don't think any of the bigger clubs, here or in Europe, will be at all enamoured by the job he is doing here, so I don't forsee a lot of offers his way.

It must be hard for Ancelotti to look at a player like Iwobi knowing Brands approved.

Every window in my view we try to do too much within that window, and end up compromising as the deadline nears. We need to do earlier business, and make use of the January window.

Even a single successful signing will always be better than five mediocre, or failed ones.

...it would be a bit daft if he came out and said it was a mistake to sign Delph and Kean when they are still at the club.

Brands has been a bit of a fan of self-promotion in the past, to put it mildly.

I'd have more respect for him over the coming weeks if he came out and admitted that mistakes have been made on his watch, and he will learn from them. That would be something at least, considering he is likely to be here for some time yet. I don't think any of the bigger clubs, here or in Europe, will be at all enamoured by the job he is doing here, so I don't forsee a lot of offers his way.

It must be hard for Ancelotti to look at a player like Iwobi knowing Brands approved.

Every window in my view we try to do too much within that window, and end up compromising as the deadline nears. We need to do earlier business, and make use of the January window.

Even a single successful signing will always be better than five mediocre, or failed ones.

I'd love to have a penny for Brands thoughts. Last summer could really be the making of him, if lessons are learnt. I suspect he probably thought the job was a bit easier than it was, and maybe started gambling a little bit too much subsequently. What he's seen, is a lot can go wrong.

Before lockdown, on twitter I did a very simple hit and miss of every signing made post Moyes. I had saved the results but my laptop died, so going a bit off memory. Moyes was around the 46/7% mark. Brands at that time had 8 hits out of 12, but that was following 6 out of 6 first seasona nd 2 out of 6 2nd season (and they were narrow), Kean and Iwobi I believe but 4 of his signings were very close. I think if it was revisited now, he'd be doing well to get half marks on hits. Steve Walsh and Martinez were at about 25-30% respctively.

So Brands is better than any manager post Moyes in that department, though he has had a lot more money to spend. I think 50% is a good success rate and this should be his aim (when you consider younger players are counted too) but last summer was a big problem. So hopefully he doublesdown his effort and makes sure he finds the right choices for Carlo. Brainthwaite looks to be a big positive.

Leaves us with DCL & Kean up top.

Only 3 games out of 12 we have scored more than 1 goal meaning three quarters of our games end a draw or defeat if we dont keep a clean sheet.

A bad injury to Richarlison and we are utterly screwed.

Sort it out this summer ffs.

You must be a Trump fan. Thinking Brands has done a good job is like thinking Trump is the best president the US ever had. The guy got it wrong with everything he has done so far. Give me half of his money, at least i would only do a quarter of the s... he has done. Not very difficult i know....
One of the dumbest things I've read on here.

Of course you could. That;s why you're posting it on a forum instead of doing it.

Leaves us with DCL & Kean up top.

Only 3 games out of 12 we have scored more than 1 goal meaning three quarters of our games end a draw or defeat if we dont keep a clean sheet.

A bad injury to Richarlison and we are utterly screwed.

Sort it out this summer ffs.

We have DCL, Rico, Kean, Sandro, Tosun and Simms.

Not saying any of them are Bobby L, but we arent short of numbers...........

We have DCL, Rico, Kean, Sandro, Tosun and Simms.

Not saying any of them are Bobby L, but we arent short of numbers...........

Sadly only one of them is of any proven quality.

The aim should be to get deals for Sandro, Tosun & Kean and bring in a somewhat proven CF with Simms being 4th choice and a few minutes here and there.

Im not sure you realise how much proven Strikers cost.

It needs to be done tho - otherwise we may aswell spend nothing as the current squad is good enough for 11th/12th safety under Carlo if thats the height of our ambitions.

The league is too competitive to be able to blag a top 4/6 finish - Sheff Utd have tried that and will end up finishing 8-10th.

Even someone like that edouard from Celtic who may not be proven but banging goals in - yeah its a dosser league but there is a Van Dijk for every couple of bums.

Think we need to chill a bit.
Remember that for half this season his signings were managed by Silva , and coached by his crew , one of the worst managers I have ever witnessed (even worse than Mike Walker and El Fraudo).
Since Carlo came in (and before the break) I believe that we were the second best team points - wise in the Prem (behind that lot !).
Factor in , the Gbamin injury (totally unexpected) , really bad luck with other injuries e.g. Mina (largely unexpected) , and Delph ( reasonably expected).
Branthwait so far looks a gem . Kean is young , and still needs a chance.
Iwobi , I never understood , but will still give him a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back