2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one.

He signed a 2 year deal at Barcelona today.
You got to laugh. Trying to chase a manager out that there's no way in hell we could ever attract that callibar again unless we got taking over by a trillionaire. Also passionately demanding we swerve Sergio (as if he was coming here ever) and Barcelona after doing what they can to sign him.

Feels like pulling of a miracle like signing up Carlo has giving a contingent of Evertonians powerful delusions.

Keep up that 'loaning players to go score loads of goals in the champions league and league for psg and replacing them with a championship player'-energy and we will do fine next season.

None of it is on anyone but Carlo and Real Madrid if he leaves.

He's on a fat wedge, he got the players he wanted, he's got a long contract.

If he goes it's got nothing to do with Brands.

Ive defended Brands over most things but if Carlo leaves it’s because the project here is either not compelling enough, or he doesn’t think it has a chance of succeeding. Both of those in some way come down to Brands after a certain point.

I’m not saying he’s individually responsible or he could have predicted everything but as director of football three seasons in we’ll be onto our third manager, Davies Keane Siggurdson Coleman are still in the first team, we’ve not moved league position, we have one of the worst medical records in the league, our recruitment is terrible.

Whether he’s responsible or not he is certainly accountable at the director for all these things.

Ive defended Brands over most things but if Carlo leaves it’s because the project here is either not compelling enough, or he doesn’t think it has a chance of succeeding. Both of those in some way come down to Brands after a certain point.

I’m not saying he’s individually responsible or he could have predicted everything but as director of football three seasons in we’ll be onto our third manager, Davies Keane Siggurdson Coleman are still in the first team, we’ve not moved league position, we have one of the worst medical records in the league, our recruitment is terrible.

Whether he’s responsible or not he is certainly accountable at the director for all these things.
Or, hear me out here, It's Real fudging Madrid

Brands can not make Everton as appealing as CL, title chasing, always boiling hot Madrid can he?

He's on £10m p/y that's as good as we can do.

You also said "a lot of this is on him" so you are saying he's individually responsible for a lot of it.

Brands can not make Everton as appealing as CL, title chasing, always boiling hot Madrid can he?

He's on £10m p/y that's as good as we can do.

You also said "a lot of this is on him" so you are saying he's individually responsible for a lot of it.

If I’m the CEO of Apple and Google come along and steal a lot of my best talent, the results haven’t improved in the three years I’ve been CEO, and the acquisitions I’ve made both at a managerial level and staff level have failed, then who is responsible for it?

If I’m the CEO of Apple and Google come along and steal a lot of my best talent, the results haven’t improved in the three years I’ve been CEO, and the acquisitions I’ve made both at a managerial level and staff level have failed, then who is responsible for it?

Are Everton and Real Madrid on the same level?

Maybe in your analogy you use CEO of Bargain Booze and Google.

Are Everton and Real Madrid on the same level?

Maybe in your analogy you use CEO of Bargain Booze and Google.

It’s his job to put us on the same level. Like I said, he’s not individually responsible for everything but he’s supposed to be controlling matters on the football field. At the moment, whatever aspect you look at, we’re either not improving, still in turmoil, or still making the same mistakes. At the moment it doesn’t feel like he’s in control of anything. I hope the managerial contingency plan kicks in now and the shortlist of targets that we keep is now being mobilised but why would I not be surprised if we have no clue whatsoever,

It’s his job to put us on the same level. Like I said, he’s not individually responsible for everything but he’s supposed to be controlling matters on the football field. At the moment, whatever aspect you look at, we’re either not improving, still in turmoil, or still making the same mistakes. At the moment it doesn’t feel like he’s in control of anything. I hope the managerial contingency plan kicks in now and the shortlist of targets that we keep is now being mobilised but why would I not be surprised if we have no clue whatsoever,

But we're not the same level, you can waffle all you want but we're not.

We are a mid-table PL team.

They are Real Madrid.

Yeah that's not really how it works.

I am now curious as to how you think it works.

12 points over Big Sam's 8th place finish isn't improvement?

If Madrid wants Carlo and he wants to go, there isn't a DoF that could keep him here. The reasons to stay are more or less the reasons to go: it's Real Madrid.

The playing staff is vastly improved...and given that it's nowhere near good enough, that should tell you how bad where we came from really was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back