2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he had much of a choice on Gbamin.

Cherrypicking his worst signings isn't persuasive. Pep, Klopp, et al have punted big money signings too. A fair evaluation has to be on the total package.
That's not what i'm doing though. I'm just saying it's hardly surprising that the bloke who has been buying our players for the last 3 years has bought most of the ones we would say are currently our best. To an extent the same would have been true of Walsh at the time he left. The total package is that we possibly have a slightly better team on paper, but there has been no discernible improvement in terms of performance - either using the metric of position in the table or footballing ability. I'm not saying he needs sacking or whatever but so far his tenure has been very underwhelming, and he needs to turn that around very, very quickly.

There should be no shortlist being drawn up.

He should know exactly who he is going for.

There should be a managerial contingency plan constantly updated in the event a manager leaves unexpectedly. I’d put a lot of money that there isn’t one though and our search will go no further than: Moshiri’s personal contacts of ex Arsenal managers or Mendes clients, Bill’s phone book of previous Everton managers, and any out of work manager with prem experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back