2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands can not make Everton as appealing as CL, title chasing, always boiling hot Madrid can he?

He's on £10m p/y that's as good as we can do.

You also said "a lot of this is on him" so you are saying he's individually responsible for a lot of it.
Madrid does get a bit nippy in winter to be fair.

I am now curious as to how you think it works.

12 points over Big Sam's 8th place finish isn't improvement?

If Madrid wants Carlo and he wants to go, there isn't a DoF that could keep him here. The reasons to stay are more or less the reasons to go: it's Real Madrid.

The playing staff is vastly improved...and given that it's nowhere near good enough, that should tell you how bad where we came from really was.
Well I don’t think it works that you can say ‘the players he’s signed make us better than if we’d signed no players at all’ let’s put it that way.

Well I don’t think it works that you can say ‘the players he’s signed make us better than if we’d signed no players at all’ let’s put it that way.

The point is that the players we actually want to keep, by and large, are players he signed.

Previous regimes gave us what, DCL and Pickford, and perhaps Keane and/or Holgate on the 'keep' list?

That is not exactly a good record over the preceding decade.

The point is that the players we actually want to keep, by and large, are players he signed.

Previous regimes gave us what, DCL and Pickford, and perhaps Keane and/or Holgate on the 'keep' list?

That is not exactly a good record over the preceding decade.
But that's not surprising, because he's been here 3 years and signed the vast majority of the matchday squad. I'd still rather have Gueye, Lookman and Vlasic for example, than Iwobi, Delph and Gomes, but he sold all of them. Also 'he's better than the last bloke' isn't really the sort of endorsement I can buy into.

But that's not surprising, because he's been here 3 years and signed the vast majority of the matchday squad. I'd still rather have Gueye, Lookman and Vlasic for example, than Iwobi, Delph and Gomes, but he sold all of them. Also 'he's better than the last bloke' isn't really the sort of endorsement I can buy into.

I don't think he had much of a choice on Gbamin.

Cherrypicking his worst signings isn't persuasive. Pep, Klopp, et al have punted big money signings too. A fair evaluation has to be on the total package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back