2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri needs to attain some individuals who actually know how to operate a club because brands has been incredibly underwhelming. He's supposed to implement a overriding football infrastructure and culture. He's had three years and I know he had to contend with the chaos of the psuedo director walsh there's little progress to speak of. Our youth system is still underwhelming and now we have to discard detrimental players he signed.
Moshiri wanted a top manager, got one and it didnt work out. Carlo didnt play youth players so how can you say the youth set up is underwhelming. The purpose of it is to have a doorway to the first team as per Ajax. Carlo also wanted to get older, wage heavy players that goes against the reason Brands was brought in so this was facilitated somewhat. I reckon Brands didnt want Ancelotti and now I reckon there is some truth to the rumour that the two had a disagreement about players and if Brand's was saying no more sick notes on high wages with no resale value then i for one am glad.

We're really going to see now if the DoF position is being used correctly at Everton, or if it's a layer of additional bureaucracy that we've foolishly hindered ourselves with because the more fashionable clubs use it.

Brands should have a clear target in mind and his should be the deciding vote on who we appoint. He should then give the new manager a list on their first day in the office of players that are being sold on, and a list of players that are being brought in.

I have lost a lot of faith in Brands as his performance is extremely underwhelming, but we've given him a new contract so he needs to be empowered now. He might as well be let go tomorrow if Moshiri and Kenwright are going to handle the search for a new manager.

Moshiri wanted a top manager, got one and it didnt work out. Carlo didnt play youth players so how can you say the youth set up is underwhelming. The purpose of it is to have a doorway to the first team as per Ajax. Carlo also wanted to get older, wage heavy players that goes against the reason Brands was brought in so this was facilitated somewhat. I reckon Brands didnt want Ancelotti and now I reckon there is some truth to the rumour that the two had a disagreement about players and if Brand's was saying no more sick notes on high wages with no resale value then i for one am glad.
Carlo didn't seem keen on the youth I agree and did have a preference for veterans but have noticed any youth players that would be skilled enough to play in the first team? Also what about Delph on 80k a week and bernard who makes over 100k wk. I think the premise is correct he just needs to refine and fully implement that approach, that where my gripes arise.

Carlo didn't seem keen on the youth I agree and did have a preference for veterans but have noticed any youth players that would be skilled enough to play in the first team? Also what about Delph on 80k a week and bernard who makes over 100k wk. I think the premise is correct he just needs to refine and fully implement that approach, that where my gripes arise.
I agree those 2 players are mistakes in hindsight, but one was free and the other was 8mil so I suppose they were bad punts. Bernard started off well enough, i liked his link up with Digne but didnt give us enough goals/assists like most of our forward players. Delph was another sick note and didnt really come with any motivation imo. Acted like he was doing us a favour I think that is another thing that needs to be looked at before signing anyone. I still think Brands can do a great job but it needs to be what he was doing before and we need to accept that that doesn't equal overnight success. Trying it the quick fix way clearly doesn't work either as per Carlo. I can't answer who was skilled enough from the youth set up to play regularly in the first team but i know they didn't get much chance to prove it one way or the other, even when the first team didn't even look like it was trying or even cared

Seen his recent comments, @davek? Thoughts?

“We’ve begun our preparations [for the summer transfer window], we have two or three targets and believe that’s all we need to compete for the top positions.

Despite one or two deals not working out as planned, Gbamin and Fabian Delph have been unlucky with injuries, we feel we’ve been hugely successful over the past 3 years.”

(On Juan Mata): “He’s a player we like, there’s been discussions about many players, but he’s definitely one we like.”

(On right-back position): “Look, we have Seamus. An incredible professional, he’s our leader. Let’s not forget Jonjoe who we have back from Celtic.”
I dont really have to criticise this feller anymore. I just sit back and watch him destroy himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back