2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks that the clubs owner and major investor won’t have a significant input into selecting the next manager is delusional.
Oh yeah, and that’s fair enough

But we need to have a streamlined process

It will be Moshiri and Bill working to hire the manager, they’ll be the ones making calls. When really, it should all be the DoF with prior sign off of the target to go for.

Maybe Moshiri has been burned by Walsh, who pushed hard for Fat Sam.

Oh yeah, and that’s fair enough

But we need to have a streamlined process

It will be Moshiri and Bill working to hire the manager, they’ll be the ones making calls. When really, it should all be the DoF with prior sign off of the target to go for.

Maybe Moshiri has been burned by Walsh, who pushed hard for Fat Sam.
It should ba mainly the DoF I agree.

We really need to decide what sirt of football we want to play, then target as manager. The players in the squad should suit that purpose.

I’m not sure we know what we are because of all the chopping and changing.

For example, I’m not convinced Nuno is what we want to be and we will be unhappy with his football pretty quickly.

We're a soft touch with sales nowadays.

Can't blame them for trying this on with Brands.

Soft touch with everything mate.
We set the standard for PSG when we sold Gueye for £30m.

A year older than Allan, yet Napoli turned down £60m for the latter in the same window PSG got Gueye

And that sale completely undermined anything Silva had tried to get going

Again, not blaming Brands for Silva not having another way of playing, and obviously the Gbamin injury didn’t help, but it was just little nice old Everton rolling over

I think it's vital Brands picks this next manager appointment and that whoever it is has a long term vision for the club to that aligns to his. I'm not the biggest Brands fan but hes obviously not going anywhere and it's the only way we get a coherent transfer strategy going forward or any modicum of stability for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back